1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by red, Mar 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I can agree with that (mostly).

2. Southern Select

Mt generation ate whatever and is ok. But we didn't' spend our youth playing video games, on the internet, texting for hours, while being being protected from the outside world by our helicopter parents.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Sounds like the way a free enterprise would do things to me.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I think you just answered your own question.

This isn't your generation.

Different challenges, different answers.

5. surrender

surrender Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This whole new generation. I just don't trust them.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Talkin' bout my generation?

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yeah, today they are small and quick and down right sneaky.

Back in my day, we were big and slow and not real clever.

9. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I kind of feel bad for the guy....look, Americans are some of the most stubborn people in the world. In addition they tend to feel that everything they do is right, almost to a pretentious point. No harm in trying though.

10. flipmode

flipmode Member

stop politicizing a f****** television show.

you don't like it? change the channel, watch something else.
    abc, being the free capitalist television network they are, chose to air a polarizing topic for the attention it gains and presumably, for the ratings and advertising money.

nobody is forcing anything on anyone. the school agreed to the premise, the city agreed to the premise, the people on tape consented... it's an educational stance that the network is taking to combat the heavily-skewed media that is already out there (every single fast food commercial).

southern select, lock yourself in the d&d and quit trolling. you look dumb.

2 people like this.
  11. Christopher

Christopher Member

This show is a beat up, a set up basically.

The produces try and find someone who supposedly knows nothing about food, makes you wonder how they do that, they seems to find these people very easily.

Then this English idiot comes along and saves everyone!

He did this in England, I watched it. He made some schools change their food. The kids didn't eat the new stuff and major financial problems kicked in. They needed the government to step in and help them go back to the old stuff.

He's just a self important tosser making up a TV show and trying to make himself to be a hero. It didnt work in England, they all saw through it.

12. Yak

Yak Member

Kids these days don't even know what a tomato or potato is I guess...

The show didn't seem real to me. Schools are forced to serve what they serve because they can't afford ACTUAL chefs in their kitchen.

School lunch ladies can't serve up roasted chicken with 3 types of salad dressings and fresh baked break made from scratch daily.

They can plop some Mac'n'cheese with some chicken nuggets while the kids grab some dippin' sauce on the way out.

13. red

red Contributing Member

kudos and kudos to you southern select and christoper...you both are excellent trolls...well played.

#73 red, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The schools in our district outsource to sodexho and the food is comparable to what you get at a corporate cafeteria which isn't nearly as bad as the stuff they were feeding these kids.

15. kikimama

kikimama Member

Chefs in real restaurants don't get paid any more than lunch ladies in school. I'm willing to bet that most lunch ladies get paid better than the average line cook. Mac n cheese and nuggets are good and healthy, just not the ones made with additives and preservatives. If you saw the video, their entire walk-in refrigerator was full of frozen foods. That kitchen was actually amazing, it was loaded with restaurant standard equipment. Cooking for an entire school may seem like an ass load of work but they have the equipment. Seriously, one of those flat tops can cook like 200 portions.

16. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

A line cook and a chef isn't the same thing.

A line cook is a dude from El Salvador, Mexico or Guatamala. I worked in the industry in college.

And chef makes a heck of a lot more than a lunch lady.

17. red

red Contributing Member

wrong wrong and wrong.

18. Christopher

Christopher Member

Troll? I'm just telling you what happened when this idiot pretended he was saving England!

He made a lot of noise, forced a few schools to change their meals, the kids didn't like the stuff on off, they didn't but the food...and it ended up being a disaster.

Thats not trolling, thats a fact!

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Who cares if the kids liked the food or not. I would rather drink a dr pepper than water, and I would love to have sno cones with every meal but I don't because it isn't healthy being a fat *****.

20. dback816

dback816 Member

Then those kids are dumb for not eating healthy and their parents are being lazy. That's all there is to it.