1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by red, Mar 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Southern Select

You are a sheep.

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

you're right, i should eat mcdonalds. it is delicious. guy just said so.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

lmao. southern sheep?

"YOU'RE A SHEEP FOR NOT AGREEING WITH MY LIBERTARIAN PROPOGANDA!!"

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Wander through the food aisles at walmart and take a look at what folks are buying...

5. Southern Select

Many, many people enjoy the taste. It's not up to you to decide for them. I enjoy Mcdonalds now and then. That's my right - even though i'ts deemed unfashionable by the liberal elite sheeple. Hell, that makes it taste even better.

6. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

:rolleyes:

7. DonnyMost

Many, many people enjoy using/eating/doing ***** that is terrible for them.

Does not mean we should be forcing it to them in public school cafeterias.

If you want to do your little schtick about getting rid of public schools altogether, that is fine, but it is a completely different argument.

You come off sounding like a spoiled brat with your "I do this because I can!" attitude, instead of "I do this because I should".

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

waiter: and what will you be having, sir?
    SS: you see what that liberal is eating? i'll have the EXACT OPPOSITE

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

LOL.

By your logic, healthy eating is only done by liberals and only because it is fashionable.

It has nothing to do with political views and everything to do with living a healthy lifestyle. Nothing at Mcdonald's supports healthy eating other than maybe a salad with grilled chicken and low fat dressing. I won't knock anybody just because they eat their once in a while, because everybody cheats here and there, but your reasoning and spin on it are ridiculous.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Leave it to certain people to make healthy eating a political issue. I didn't even realize it until I read this thread.

What's next? Rallying against education for kids because it's mind control? Oh wait...

11. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

In general I don't believe in "the nanny state", and I am what is called morbidly obese.

I do believe that adults should be free to make "bad" choices, I certainly do, but when I was a child my grandmother and my mother made me eat a balanced diet with a lot of (albeit overcooked) veggies and plenty of fresh fruit.

Too many parents give their kids chicken nuggets, pizza, hamburgers and fries every meal because it is "all they will eat". Guess what if the schools and parents will get on the same page kids will eat healthier, because they will be hungry. If one or the other lets em have pizza and the other gives em grilled chicken, greens etc...guess which is getting eaten and which one picked at.

12. Southern Select

This isn't just about government schools, it's about the growing nanny-state food police mentality.

I eat what I want, when I want, because, for now, I still have that right. And I don't concern myself with others are eating, just like I don't play the elitist, classist Wal-Mart bingo etc. That's what everyone should do.

13. DonnyMost

Actually, yes it is. This thread is about public school cafeteria food and Jamie Oliver's show.

You, however, keep trying to have an argument that isn't there.

Which is why nobody likes you.

If you want to do your nanny-state ranting, go to the D&D and make your own thread.

14. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

watched the premiere episode earlier this week. I love the idea of the show and will continue to watch it, though Jamie does come off a little douche-y.

The thing is that you may dislike Jamie Oliver, but I can't imagine any parents in the world wouldn't want their kids to eat HEALTHIER and FRESHER food. That's just common sense. I don't like Jamie's personality 100%, but I'm more pissed at the townspeople who were against the change.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

the show looked dumb to me

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

SouthernFace Mr. MeowSelect, how do you feel about Obama converting NASA into a big nuclear storage facility?

17. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

You can do whatever you want, that doesn't mean that the government shouldn't encourage children to develop healthy eating habits when they're young and impressionable.

We're probably the only country in the world that has a serious problem with childhood type II diabetes. That's disconcerting enough for me to be all in favor of what Jamie is doing.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

McDonalds is a virus.

It spreads and spreads and eliminates all competition. It never sleeps. It runs off the sweat and tears of the unemployable and is run by the emotionless bigwigs with no conscience for what is good for the public, only what is profitable.

A true black eye suffered along our happy capitalist hiking trip.

19. Southern Select

I love the idea of getting more commercial interests involved in human spaceflight, but the White House just pulling the rug form under 15,000 people, leaving them jobless, after bringing them aboard to begin an ambitious space program (then subsidizing billions into other companies) without a plan of transition is plain heartless. Oh well, that's the government for you. Why people have an ounce of faith for such an incompetent and even corrupt institution to rule their lives is beyond me.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that we have to rely on the govt for this and not the actual parents of the children being effected is depressing.