1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaden Ivey

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by xaos, Nov 21, 2021.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looked very very good

2. vator

vator Contributing Member

Ivey is so raw and there are some things I REALLY don’t currently like about his game…

BUT

Say Chet and Jabari are off the board, do we really want to pass on this guy because of KPJ? They honestly don’t play anything alike. Ivey plays at a different speed and it’s all gas no brakes. He is aggressively trying to get to the basket almost every time he touches the ball and goes up strong. He uses his body to absorb contact rather than falling away from it. Green and Ivey are both FAST with explosive athleticism. Imagine having the 2 most explosive guards on the floor almost every night. Defensive nightmare. 2 guys constantly in attack mode.

I don’t know, I’m warming up to the idea. Figure the rest out later. You have to draft the guy you think can be a star. If Ivey can clean up some things he’s going to be one. Depending on how you feel about Paolo, Jaden Ivey is next up. I’m not trying to get a role player with this pick just because he plays the same position as another guy who may or may not be on the team in 2 years. If they can’t play together in the interim, move one.

#82 vator, Mar 12, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  3. vator

Jaden Ivey and Jalen Green backcourt

[​IMG]

peleincubus and BossHogg713 like this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I would not have a hesitancy bringing kpj off the bench or trade him over passing on Ivey strictly for that reason. That being said, we are going to get the 1st pick and take jabari

roslolian and vator like this.
  5. vator

Damn right! Talk yo sh*t!

Speak that into existence brother!

roslolian and eliefor3 like this.
  6. vator

#86 vator, Mar 12, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    kpdark, jcmoon, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I think Ivey might be like morant. Not talent wise but situation wise, in that there are others that are being talked about in front of him but he may burst out during March and end up becoming the best rookie in his class

roslolian likes this.
  8. vator

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Right now I have Ivey no 3 after Smith and Holmgren. His playstyle complements Jalen to a T cuz he is physical and drives to the rim almost every chance he gets. You can have that inside outside combo with Jalen and Jaden so tbh unlike others I see a lot of fit with him, Green and Sengun. Plus Ivey just oozes that star power and has that face of the franchise vibe that Cade has, if you get this guy and pair him with Jalen your backcourt is secure for the next 15 yrs.

KPJ doesnt fit in this conversation IMO cuz he is not our pg for the future to begin with. We even have Green starting at pg that shows just how bad KPJ is being a pg, he is better coming off the bench or being our SF.

jcmoon, Deckard, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Playing out a scenario. Rockets get the 1st pick and Orlando gets the 4th pick. Rockets pick up jabari and Orlando gets on the board with Ivey still available. Do you call them and offer jabary, kpj, and bkns pick for the 4th pick (to get Ivey), and Wagner ?

11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No.

12. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Don't get me wrong, I really like Ivey's game. But I have my doubts about his compatibility with Green and fundamentally with Sengun. If the Rockets' idea is to build the team around Green and Sengun, what's needed is a point guard who creates space (not runs to the rim), a good shooter, passer and defender.
    I don't know if Ivey is that kind of player.
    I'm not saying he shouldn't be the Rockets' pick, I'm just saying I'm not overly optimistic that he'll fit in.

13. vator

Gonna leave this right here.

jcmoon and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. Rokman

Rokman Member

I can see the rockets offering BKN Pick + Porter Jr. (maybe an additional future pick) if it gives them the chance to get Ivey. If the Rockets pulled that off and got Jabari, LORT! Ticket prices would go through the roof overnight!!

P.G. - Jaden Ivey
    S.G. - Jalen Green
    S.F. - Tate or Martin or FA
    P.F. - Jabari Smith
    ..C. - Alperen Sengun

Mind-Blown!

#94 Rokman, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Conley was gone before Ja was even drafted

16. vator

They traded Conley the day before the draft. And everybody and their momma knew Zion Williamson was going number 1 overall. Still applicable because it shows they had decided to draft Ja 2nd and traded Conley to clear the way. Trade happens June 19th and the draft was June 20th

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

not exactly. its based solely on a ton of after the fact. Memphis benefited a ton from the trade as well which saved a ton of money, ultimately getting clarke. the youth movement was already in motion before conley

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If we fall to three, I think I would pick Ivey.

And in a comical, yet unintended, later draft move.

Offer the Nets pick + Wood to Portland and draft Jalen Duren.

Jaden
    Jalen
    JeSean
    Alperan
    Jalen

Further down the road, lets pick up Ja Morant in free agency.

vator, dmoneybangbang and Rokman like this.
  19. Rokman

Rokman Member

You could then move Ja to Starting PG and Alperen to the 6th man and have

Ja
    Jaden
    Jalen
    Jae'Sean
    Jalen

Keep the announcers tongue-tied all game.

peleincubus likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you like Ivey eniugh to get rid of Jabari why not just get Ivey outright? We give them the 1st pick+ assets just to get Ivey makes zero sense lol