1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jaden Ivey Will Be The Pick, I Guarantee It!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ghettocheeze, May 19, 2022.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They're nuts. No surprise...it's Sacramento.

Dacamel, pippendagimp and Caesar like this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bottom feeder franchise allegedly wanting to do something stupid isn't evidence that the Rockets should do something stupid.

duluth111222, PDJACK7 and cheke64 like this.
  4. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

I think OKC can be really good in a few years, OKC is trying for Victor Wembanyama next year.

Caesar likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, going with 4 starters 6'6 and under is a good way to tank.

Hui, Dacamel and cheke64 like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Nobody willing to trade up for Banchero says a lot, though

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Right... totally has nothing to do with people expecting that the teams with the top 3 pick won't be willing to trade down and lose out on him, Jabari, or Chet. It is actually feasible for Ivey to be available at 4 or later.

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I feel King's would swap 4 for 3 with us not
    to draft Banchero #3 but to ensure the Rockets
    don't trade out to a team like the Knicks, Pacers, Thunder (trade up from #12), etc and that team taking Ivey or Chet.

If nobody is flirting with your wife or GF then she is probably not that attractive.

9. TheBeastSystem

All the trade talk is about trading up for Ivey. That says something.

Sacramento asking for #6 and two more future firsts is about right. They know that if Ivey is there at 4 that they are going to be able to turn him into SGA plus something else.

Anybody that doesn't want Holmgren because he's too skinny will have to not want Wembanyama next summer for the same reason. Be consistent with your takes.

There are two franchise-making players in this draft: Ivey and Holmgren

If we are fortunate enough to be able to draft or trade for one of those two guys then we've been successful in the 2022 draft.

If OKC drafts one of those two guys at 2, then trades for the other guy at 4 they've danced around our rebuild big time. We'll be chasing them for a while and may never catch them in the playoffs.

And finally........rather you like it or not....the truth is.....Ivey is better than Green.

That's the truth. Doesn't mean Green isn't good. But Ivey has the ability to carry the load with the ball in his hands. They would be great together. And if KPJr would accept his place in a three guard lineup.....the three guys together would be C-R-A-Z-Y. Combine them with another great playmaker in Sengun, and go get big time shooting at the other 4/5 slot and you've got ELITE OFFENSE. You then build out your defense with future drafts and trades and let the big 4 guys get it on.

Ivey is everything everybody wanted Westbrook to actually be. He torques the whole game. But he actually makes great decisions with the ball and he can actually give it up, make a move, get it back, and shoot a 3-ball. He can do things Westbrook cannot do.

Keep arguing about whether he's 6-2, 6-3, 6-4 and how tall Green is. Meantime he's got 6'9' wingspan, with strength, quickness, super speed and unbelievable stamina to be a mismatch against any defender an opponent could throw at him the whole 48 minutes and especially going into crunch time. Green and KPJr on the wings working off his dives to the rim??? It's over.

Nix, Christopher, and Queen off the bench....lordy.

Stone has to take Ivey if he's there at 3 or trade 3 for 4 and other assets and take Ivey at 4.

If we don't wind up with one of Ivey or Chet out of this draft then Stone failed. I don't believe he will.

Move over KPJr.

Hakeemtheking and ilovehtownbb like this.
  10. Icehouse

Icehouse Member

It says they and others know it’s a top 3 draft, and the top 3 aren’t attainable.

red5rocket likes this.
  11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Often times the best answer is the simplest one, but some people just insist on looking for conspiracies.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

lolwut? :eek:o_O:rolleyes::D

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

jopat’s back :eek:

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ivey is better than Jalen Green? You’d swear Ivey is a generational prospect. Pass the blunt my way

Denovo likes this.
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

I was thinking Jalen Green was 6'4" by what's on listed on nba.com. Whether that with shoes, so long as NBA measures everyone the same. Based on your personal experience sounds like this is the case.

I also hope that NBA re-measures young guys (age 22 or under), since they are still growing.

For what it is worth, Rocketshop included their 2021-22 yearbook when people order stuff (limited time). I was flipping through it. The book was clearly updated from earlier in the year (the .pdf from online), since new pictures of Schroder and Bruno are in it. I don't think they touched Jalen's page, he's still listed as 6'6", that might be what the original height was from DRAFT. Similar to maybe how Cade went down from 6'8" to 6'6" from many's draft profile stat to NBA.com .

I don't fault people for thinking the other height; since earlier publications list him as 6'6" including Rocket's current yearbook. The Panini NBA Hoops card also has him as 6'6".

My thought is that he was/is 6'4", but who knows, might grow some inches still.

#435 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  16. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’m so excited for the divide KPJ will bring this year to the board when he isn’t drafted tomorrow

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that he's not available to be traded up for says more

red5rocket likes this.
  18. thegary

thegary Member

I’d give #17, #26 and even our 1st next year for sacs #4
    Green, Sengun, #3 pick, and Ivey. That’s a helluva core to build around.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

have a weird feeling stone will get him. If Banchero goes 2nd, we go for Ivey over Chet.

xaos likes this.
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I could see that easily. I honestly think Stone would take Paolo # 1 if he had the top pick and Ivey could easily be # 2 on his board.