1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jack Easterby Resume Issues

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by lnchan, Oct 8, 2020.

1. dookiester

dookiester Member

did his wikipedia page get taken down? hard to find anything about the guy now except articles digging into his thin / embellished resume?

2. conquistador#11

Hoping this story blows up and the Texans falling for it embarrasses the Mcnairs and they fire him by the bye week.
    Pretty awful that this family can't see the issues at hand before the most extreme cases present themselves. I don't wear seersucker and I could still see Billy trying to trade Hopkins. I don't know what it is either. I know they want to win maybe they're just too loyal. But they're billionaires from the South, you can't be loyal and become that. Get your act together, McNairs. It's been 18 years you've owned a team and you out here looking like new money, not knowing which fork to use for a $50 salad

T for 3, Kim and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Wouldn’t expect anything less from someone hired by Bill O’Brien. I have a bad feeling he’s going to find a way to stay around. IMO he should have been let go immediately with bob. Cal not doing so concerns me. Same with Tim Kelly and all the rest of O’Brien’s minions. I don’t want any trace of O’Brien left in the organization.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

BOB hired Jack lol

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Isn’t that what I said?

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans owe O'Brien $20,000,000 (including this season). Before you Hand someone that type of money to walk away, you want to make sure they are not the right person (4 Divisions in 6 years does matter in that regard). Writing a $20 million dollar check is not easy.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Cal hired Jack, at BoB's recommendation. He was here to evaluate the organization.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I saw this coming last year. There was an article I thought I posted about how Easterby became the main guy at the Texans.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-is-not-so-secretly-changing-the-14420507.php

What exactly is Easterby involved in? Everything.

Personnel. Planning. Player pep talks. Daily life conversations, media-access issues and the general, overall state of the Texans.

In public, he prefers to remain in the murky background. But within the Texans, he’s everywhere.

During two recent media sessions that O’Brien conducted outside of the Texans’ normal press area, Easterby’s hovering presence was noticeable. He’s earned the coach’s trust and confidence, at the same time that the national and local media have loudly questioned the team’s front-office and roster decisions.

Some have criticized Easterby’s hands-on approach and worried about the carte-blanche card he’s been given. Where is all this going and what is the end game?

“I’ll be honest with you. I knew that he was one of the smartest guys in the business, but I really didn’t know how smart until I was around him — and what a great person he is,” said O’Brien, who first began to bond with Easterby during the 2019 NFL Draft scouting combine in Indianapolis in late February.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If his relationship with Dabo brings Dabo here then I’m all for it.

Or

If his relationship with mike Borgonzi brings him and Eric B here then I’m all for it as well.

Or

His relationship with Josh McDaniels...but I know no more New England guys

10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

While Easteregg should likely go, Cal is in a tough situation w/o a GM or HC for 75% remaining in the season. Romeo can cover down on HC for 12 games, but w/o a GM Cal needed someone as an interim. Could he have found someone else, probably, but Easteregg talked himself into the GM basket for at least some period of time. Let's just hope he's not going to do anything rash and that Cal or someone has approval authority.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. delta69er

delta69er Member

Assistant TO the regional manager, not assistant regional manager.

Kim, Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Well Cal did hire a outside firm to help as well.

Shark44 likes this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They should have fired him when he gave up Hopkins for nothing. I don't think there was a single person anywhere that thought that deal made any sense. Every publication was blasting him. In his first few years his defense was what was winning the games which I am not sure he deserves credit for.His whole resume has been pretty mediocre. At least you figured he would have had a good season in college.

Nook likes this.
  14. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Good point, I forgot about that. Wonder who that is?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why would he fire his him when Cal would have to sign off on the trade? GM’s can’t trade a player without ownership’s permission. We don’t know the full situation on the trade. There is more than money and BoB’s ego in that trade.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I mean even with it corrected, his resume still sucks ass

17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Easterby & Associates, LLC

Nook, Rudyc281 and Shark44 like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Well, that's not necessarily true.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

It will be really interesting if the team keeps losing and other teams start calling about trading for their players.

Rudyc281 and Shark44 like this.
  20. showa13

showa13 Member

It def is true. Ownership has final say on all moves with any sports franchise in the world. However, the vast majority of ownership in sports gives the GM or whatever title of similarity approval for all moves the day they’re hired and only step in if it has become a s***show