1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Jabari with the game winning 3!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Mar 18, 2023.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

Only for the fans who root for our players, not the salty idiots who cannot separate this from our overall strategy, which is a 14% maximum chance anyway at a player who could very well be the next Chet / Oden.

Go Jabari, so happy we got to draft you :)

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't even realize Rockets were only down 1.

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

When Jalen hit that corner (deep) two, I had a feeling something magical was about to happen. All the momentum was with the Rockets.

But I didn't think that it would play out so perfectly. Jabari hit a hell of a shot, and I can see him and our team growing game by game.

don grahamleone, saleem and 34to11 like this.
  4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Now he's starting to shine. Killer instinct - engaged.

don grahamleone and albuster like this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

Lol seriously no discussion? WOW

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Im glad smith is popping off, sucks that it at the expense the tank in the long run.

At least it shuts up the smith haters from complaining about him

saleem, jim1961 and evo8lover like this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Jabari about to show the world that he's on Steve Novak's level

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Nope, don't like this at all. Losing games is more important than anything, in fact we should just forfeit and avoid playing altogether so travesties like this don't happen

We could potentially fall from the 5th pick to the 6th pick. Even a small chance we could fall to the 7th pick, oh the horror :rolleyes:

NewAge likes this.
  9. JW86

JW86 Member

Crazy how comparable the two shots are, both threes, catching at mid-court, walking into them on the right side and 0.4 seconds left.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Sigh.

I miss that team... that coach.... those uniforms..... that stadium.....

12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

…. those announcers :)

rpr52121 likes this.
  14. SamsonCorletwo

This shot kick Jabari haters out of the earth.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I love that we finally have a dynamic shooter who can just rise up and shoot at a high release point (e.g. Durant). That will be helpful in the playoffs. Hopefully in time he'll improve those mid range numbers a LOT. I don't like mid range shots because well they suck at getting you enough points to win, but if someone has the potential to actually be elite rather than "pretty good" I'd be so excited for that.

Mid range would fit perfect in his game. Doesn't require much handles and he already has good form. People overrate handles. You have to have a PG on the team anyway, one or two people who control the offense and set their teammates up. If you can get a good playmaker, then what Jabari is giving is what you would wish your 2nd and 3rd scorer would give you: scoring with 1 dribble or less plus defense. Get your playmaking from Green, Sengun and an experienced PG. We focus on ball and player movement.

We really need to get someone from Denver, Sacramento or Golden State on this coaching staff for next season as offensive co-oridinator. Would be a travesty to not treat Sengun like Sabonis/Draymond, treat Green/Jabari like Fox/Huerter/Curry/Klay/MPJ. Get these kids some easier points. Look what it has done for Curry and Fox's career. How good Murray looks coming off a major injury layoff.

#15 Mathloom, Mar 19, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    hakeem94 likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I gotta admit I caught myself in that moment praying that that shot does not fall in...
    How many shots like this Lillard has hit and look at them Portland now firmly stuck to the 13th place in the west conference! LOL

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

This team has moments that remind me of Real Madrid in the champions league. Very encouraging. The ****ing eye of the tiger. They have some deficiencies, but they also have champ qualities that you can not teach

Mathloom likes this.