1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith retweets he would be great with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2022.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Better yet, Westbrook removed all things Lakers from his profile.
    Hello Lakers future 1st round picks.....the price keeps going up.

mikenm268 and DeBeards like this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Can we get some fries with that shake?

Rashmon and D-rock like this.
  3. Iknako

Iknako Member

Ok i want to ask you " jazz have a rim protector? how many games won jazz with gobert? Denver have jokic and he is not a rim protector overall player. Denver how many games won with jokic ? Compare it. İ m analyzed some point our team. We don't need a rim protector we need two way player. And chet is so skinny. Haha and jazz down again. Rim protector is not necessary team defence effective than one man defence.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Gobert is a rim protector but he cannot guard on the perimeter like at all and he's not even an offensive threat

Denver has jokic and literally nobody else. He's a monster offensively but sucks defensively.

no idea what you're even trying to say because nothing correlates

Chet's clearly a two way player and yes a rim protector is necessary for team defense.

#84 YOLO, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    D-rock and Salvy like this.
  5. Salvy

Salvy Member

If Jabari at the minimum does what he is expected to do and nothing more he is already a great pick for Houston... He is almost the perfect fit in Houston... Ane we cant look to compete with Embiid or Joker... He will be competing with a new type of hybrid centers like Mobley....

mikenm268, Milos and ApacheWarrior like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

7. SinceEverSince

Sengun cant jump to save his life. He gets buckets because his foot work is top notch…

groovemachine likes this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

Sengun isn't a rim protector but he can jump a little man come on haha

saleem, clos4life and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

either jabari or chet, im fine with,
    both extremely talented kids, however, considering most skin and bones are injury prone (overweighted type like zion is a polar opposite), i would prefer jabari, a safe bet.

Raven and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is the kind of offseason thread I like to see.......I don't care about tattoos........lol.

DD

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

At first I was confused about why you would randomly mention tattoos then I remembered the other thread.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah the personal stuff about players, I don't really want to know - I kind of think that should be private - but to each his own....I only care about the context of them as a Rocket, and it is great to see someone that wants to play here.

DD

clos4life likes this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think these guys all will say the right stuff. Whoever gets first pick is going to be everyone’s first choice publicly most likely.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yes its an illogical argument or perspective to me. Murray can still improve his game as most good players do. This is the same logic that thinks Jae Sean Tate has plateaued, and these people come up with an arbitrary number for the maximum age when players stop growing. Players can get better at shooting as we have seen throughout league history. There’s still room for Murray to improve handles, post moves, and being more patient and calm which opens up your vision to make plays. He can improve and build on these things because he already has the basis and skillset for them.

15. Milos

Milos Member

- Signed:

Kawhi
    J Brown
    Tmac

mikenm268, clos4life, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

What’s your point. Those guys had the skill set already. They didn’t just develop a quick first step. You don’t go from having no explosion to elite level explosive first step. In that case Garrison Matthews can be an explosive player getting to the paint at will. not sure what you’re trying to prove.

saleem likes this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Tell Jabari Jackson Jr. to cool his jets.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

worried about Jabari's defensive limitations in the NBA but he is super young. the shooting is tantalizing.

with green's spacing/gravity it really could be a curry+klay type combo which would be super hard to pass up.

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

No dribble drive proficiency. Vert slow first step which means most of his points would have to come off screens and flares or spot up and pull up type shots. He is going to have to play like Klay Thompson. He is not an iso player.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Stats don't tell the whole story for sure but Gobert averages about 1 block per 36m and per 100 possessions than Sengun. Gobert is an elite rim protector and Sengun apparently doesn't even have feet. I know Gobert alters more shots that don't count as a block and Sengun's got a ways to go in terms of learning not to foul but I don't think he is incompetent as a rim protector. Wood played 600 minutes more than Sengun and had 3 LESS blocks total. (Gobert played around 650 more minutes than Sengun and has about double the blocks. Jokic played about 1,000 more minutes and had 5 less blocks.)

I'm curious if Garuba can start cashing in on some potential this summer/next year. A 6'9" defense-first, switchable forward would fit so well between Green and Sengun. If he can be that guy, I think our defense takes a monumental step forward. I think Porter is a good on-ball defender. Green started showing himself as a pesky defender at the end. You add in a stalwart type like Garuba, Sengun is at least a decent rim-protector... then you have the 3 spot. Tate? Great defender. Martin can be at times. Maybe...Jabari Smith? Porter-Green-Smith-Garuba-Sengun. Suddenly the Rockets have length. A defense that can switch if they communicate well enough and an offense that can play ISO, PnR, Post up, transition all with great spacing.

mikenm268, clos4life and cmoak1982 like this.