1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jabari Smith: Know Your Role

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shakes05, Oct 25, 2022.

1. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

This is no big deal.

Smith wants to win and good on him. He played as well as possible with 5 fouls keeping himself in the game and then icing it down the stretch with key free throws. Green may have wanted tougher D from Smith but he had to keep from fouling out and did a great job down the stretch staying on the court.

Good win for the Rockets.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Meanwhile in Boban land...

[​IMG]

berkowsk, IBTL and Easy like this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

There are a number of possibilities here. 2 of them are:

1) Jabari was being mentored, and he didn't take it well. The key to becoming a great player is learning how to handle criticism. If you are always right, you aren't going anywhere. Everybody has to grow together. Mentors point out our weaknesses. The Solution: Green takes him aside in practice and walks him through some options on how he can do it better, and Jabari implements it.

2) Jabari was showing Leadership and Green didn't handle it well. We all know Jabari is ultra competitive. If he's demanding excellence, then it's his team more than likely, and Green may not be ready to give it up. And rightfully so. It's a little too early for Jabari to be demanding excellence from the vets. It's good, but he has to earn it. In my opinion, it's Jabari's team, but not yet. Solution: Silas takes Jabari aside, and shows him how to transition into a leader, and get the best out of his teammate, without drawing ire.

#43 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Takes a shot with no one even coming close to touching him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Teammates almost coming to blows.
    [​IMG]

5. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Jabari was probably telling green to pass the ball more lol

Fullcourt likes this.
  6. Sen89

Sen89 Member

To be fair, Auburn did pretty well last year playing selfish iso-ball

aaquaa likes this.
  7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

There are outliers in any profession sure. I knew a kid who came into a patent spitballing session with a fantastic idea about a new product for O&G and was met with awful resistance by the "old school" .. shelved the project for about a year. When it was finally realized it revolutionized a certain sector of maintenance for oil wells and long story short the company brought in about an extra 100Ms per year and the "kid" retired at age 35. Similarly in a more consumable example every one who works for Costco (which is a great company to work for!) MUST start off with bringing in the shopping carts from the parking lot. No ifs, ands or buts about it. The hardest thing to overcome for anyone is ego.

Not saying Jabari has too much ego - its good for him to hold others accountable, but a track record sometimes speaks for itself. What has Jabari accomplished to demand respect?

IBTL, jiggyfly and Rokman like this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I agree, too much LeBron era crap, I want 80's / 90's players on this team. Jabari fits that mold. I don't know what Jalen was saying but my auto reaction was give it to him Jabari! Lol. He just strikes me as a no BS dude.

aaquaa, larry cook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

This is the type of fire this team needs!

#49 charlieaustin, Oct 25, 2022
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Jabari doesn’t view Jalen as a vet, and why should he? All these guys are just barely out of high school. Kids always think they know more than they do. That’s why it can be beneficial to have a few true vets on the team to keep people in line.

It would be interesting to know what they were really talking about.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Who do I trust more in an argument about defense? Jabari Smith or Jalen Green?

I know the answer, but the real answer is: move on. This isn't TMZ

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I love that Jalen has been talking defense. Jalen Green Has improved defensively this season (cant wait until we have 20 games to show his improvement). This fight means he cares about defense and holding other players accountable too. That's what star players do. Rockets got lucky man. Jalen Green is going to be a problem if he also cares about defense too.

you guys defaulting to Jalen is a bad defender should think again.

ThatboyPhuong, AXG and kiwirocketsfan like this.
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I never understood why a deal being made out of someone arguing on the bench is a huge deal. They both want to win and are amped up. What a soft world we are living in if this is considered an issue.

groovemachine, AXG and jiggyfly like this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Green never touched the ball to pass it anyways. He should have been yelling at KPJ.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

16. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

Ostrich sighting everyone! Beware any sand and ostrich!
    PS. Jabari have had this attitude since day1, and now with less than half of Banchero efficiency he goes against my boy Green? No way in hell bro. 4 assists in 4 games? He is not here for the team. Going against the sweetest guy on NBA? that shows your ( blank ) character lol

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

typo. sorry i dont know how to delete

#57 Rinaldi, Oct 25, 2022
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I disagree. The truth is the truth. If he is saying that its true then it doesn't matter if he is water boy it still remains true. If you are a winner you will listen to what someone has to say if its the truth and try to fix it.

aaquaa likes this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

How come I never see Green correct his buddy KPJ. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen but I’ve never seen it. And if it doesn’t he needs to be vocal to all players equally not just some select players.

aaquaa, larry cook and Jontro like this.
  20. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member