1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jabari Smith Jr: What is his ideal role?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Oct 25, 2022.

?

Jabari Smith Jr: What is his ideal role?

1. Center

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Power Forward

28 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Wing

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I see good flashes of Bari taking it to the rack. I hope he gets encouraged to do that more.

Denovo and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He's a teenage big. I don't think hardly anyone truly knows what he will be in the prime of his career.

Just because of the players the rockets tend to get I would assume he'll play the 4/5 mostly but that's not really saying anything about who he'll be in 5 years.

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

3CD537E8-D9C7-45B9-A5AB-750C83D42C5E.jpeg

AroundTheWorld and cheke64 like this.
  4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This is what I see. PF for now. Maybe center in the future.

I think he's going to have a really good 2-3 dribble midrange game to counter bigs that try to deny his 3 point shot. I don't think there is a good comp on who Jabari will become. I'm guessing he will be a switching defensive center (or PF) that shoots 10+ 3PA/game at ~40%. With or without a great handle, that's a great player.

kiwirocketsfan and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He literally went a whole game against adams with 0 rebounds. He cannot play center just yet. Eventually we can use him as a center when he bills up but I still wouldn't do that for a whole game.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Right now, putting Smith up against actual centers is self-sabotage. Alperen gets regularly pushed around by them and he is far bulkier than Smith.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jabari's ideal role:

Throwing down in timeouts

Too soon?