1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jabari Smith Jr. sprains ankle, out for Raptors game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by i3artow i3aller, Oct 6, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. conquistador#11

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya he'll be ready by the first game of the regular season.

Ancient Moabite and burlesk like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

sprained my ankle today. sat down and tightened up the shoelaces. played 3hrs after

#oldskool

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

@Jontro told me he saw him limping around montrose last night. His ankle wasn’t hurting.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

yo that was between us breh. my secret identity may be blown and mom would certainly ground me

7. i3artow i3aller

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This guy is going to be such a great leader. He is REALLY well anchored for a guy his age, talks like he's 30. Especially excited for him to be a defensive leader for us. This core is highly unusual in the best way.

topfive, Kevooooo, CXbby and 6 others like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Doctors are able to treat bone-on-bone much more quickly now

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Coaches can only do so much. You need a leader on the court to hold everyone accountable. Every great team has this. The Rockets were the best version of themselves when CP3 was here to be that guy. James, as talented as he was, just wasn't. That's why I question the Sixers. Embiid isn't that guy. James isn't that guy. They just don't have that disciplinarian that will keep everyone active on defense. It's why the Suns suddenly became a 60 win team when Chris got there. Jabari feels like he's going to be that guy. Tari is a defensive talent but not very vocal. Jaesean is a little better at this. I think we'll be surprised at how well the Rockets perform defensively when Tate/Jabari are on the floor together.

Having both of them to keep Jalen/KPJ in line is going to be key. Jalen still needs to lock in defensively and KPJ needs to stay locked in mentally.

1 other person likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So I did the math and Jabari at 19 talking like he's 30yrs old means he's roughly talking 1.58x older than he really is.

If we now take that math and assume that Jabari at age 26 will talk like a 26x1.58=41.1yrs old person, he may annoy the rest of the guys him with his boomer talk and not being able to keep up with the cool crowd.

Sorry but it seems like we'll have severe locker room issues, I think Jabari might not be the right piece and that we should consider trading him rather sooner than later.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

So how's my Whitmore/Black take looking? :D

Verbal Christ likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Whitmore getting injured was a bummer, but in his first game back he showed some great defense while settling in. Im expecting him to take off soon. Black has been nice - I might lean towards Nick Smith between those two.

Brandon Miller looks good. Amen Thompson MIGHT be my #3 guy depending on how the NCAA season finishes, but he's a stud. I'd be looking at guys like Leonard Miller or Emoni Bates with the 2nd round pick. Finding a long wing would be ideal or a "true" point guard! :rolleyes:

ickaruto likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Thanks for bumping this old thread and giving me a heart attack. My cardiologist will send you the bill.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

My bad brother :oops:

topfive and Deckard like this.
  18. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Believe It! likes this.