1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith Jr. is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Jul 7, 2023.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

lol bookmark it

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OK, you can just go with Rockets on/off as your tool to decide who to sign for the long term deals and ignore all other stats. I don't care. Fine with me. We don't have to agree on if we think Jalen is a superstar level SG worthy of a huge long-term deal without stepping up his TS and EFG% a lot. If you don't want to look beyond Jalen if his shooting doesn't improve, and don't care if there are better guards in the league in several categories when it comes to big long term deals I don't care. I really don't.

#2142 deb4rockets, Jun 9, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Again, not addressing anything I type.

When did I say Jalen deserves a max extension? When did I say he made a superstar leap?

I wish you stopped tap dancing and tried to explain why you ad nauseum waxed lyrical about how "SHOOTING guards" need to shoot well and Green, a shooting guard, having below average shooting splits is the main culprit for a below average team offense and at the same time Green on the floor has some of the best impact on team offense on this roster?

Why is that the case?

4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

My favourite thing about this "shooting guards have to shoot well" narrative is 4 of the top 5 shooting guards of all time have worse career 3pt averages than Green (Jordan, Kobe, Iverson, Wade) only Harden's is better. Almost like SCORING rather than shooting is the most important thing...lol.

Mathloom and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

That is a great example of cherry picking - because TS% is more important - and those aren't 4 of the top 5 SGs of all time.

And this is a Jabari thread you mool !

DD

6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

No need to call people names, makes you look like a child instead of just a troll. Which shooting guards do you rank higher thank Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade, Allen Iverson and James Harden? o_O

Rocketeer, cmlmel77 and Mathloom like this.
  7. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

“SHOOTING guards should shoot” is so incredibly simplistic. But he is right TS is a better measure. So here are career TS%:

Kobe 55%
    Jordan 56.9%
    Iverson 51.8%
    Wade 55.4%

Doesn’t exactly help their argument, but then it is a shitty argument.

Oh, and Iverson is the only one who is even debatable among that list as one of the top 5-7 SG ever (add Harden, West, Gervin, and that’s about it - though I’m sure simplistic “just shoot” people will put in Miller or Thomson or other elite role players).

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Top shooting guards, weird to answer that as they were all different, played in different eras - faced different opponents.....

it is probably easier to say - BEST SHOOTERS ever.....

So, if I had to give 5 top shooting guards, KNOWING that everyone has their own, mine would be:

1. Jordan
    2. Kobe
    3. Harden
    4. D Wade
    5. Peter Maravich

DD

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where would you put Clyde?

MadMax likes this.
  10. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Should've kept Iverson in, Maravich's TS% is significantly worse, and even worse than Jalen's...

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Jabari Smith is going to have a much higher TS% than many think.

And as this is a Jabari thread, gonna stay on topic.

DD

12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Read: "I walked straight into proving myself wrong again so I'm deflecting/changing the subject." Cool story, will definitely read it again the next time.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That's so funny, because that's EXACTLY the question that popped into my mind. I'm not sure where I'd have him, but I think that makes for a fun discussion.

Plowman likes this.
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No, READ - This is a Jabari thread and ANY argument about top 5 players is a complete waste of time - you being the young buck don't realize that yet, you want to run down and have sex with the cow in heat, me being the old bull will walk down and have sex with them all.

You don't know what you don't know.

You will, you will.

DD