1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari is pick 8 in redraft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengoat28, May 10, 2023.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

1. Jabari is going to be a problem for a long time. He's already damn near an elite defender at 19 years old. Towards the end of the season he was showing flashes of McGrady the way he was shooting the ball. With good coaching and more veterans around him, I believe next season is going to be a great year for him.

2. It doesn't matter what this man thinks the top 10 should be. Eason is a top 10 rookie according to the NBA. He's only going to get better. Jabari and Eason may not be as flashy as some of the other rookies, but I believe they have much more value due to their defensive instincts and capabilities

3. If I were to redraft, Chet wouldn't have made the top 10. Dude got hurt by the wind in a scrimmage and didn't play one game in the NBA. Hopefully he'll be able to make it out of training camp and even be eligible for ROTY.

#61 BasketballMind, May 10, 2023
    Last edited: May 10, 2023
    Astrodome likes this.
  2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Overhyped?

Spin it however you want.

You make judgement calls on kids halfway through their first year. Even if they're 19 yrs old.

3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, overhyped. When top 3 picks are some of the worst performing players on the team overall, it's safe to say they didn't exactly live up to the hype.

This is not in any way controversial....you can think that they are still future HOFers if that's your thing, while still admitting that they've been disappointing thus far.

5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I don’t think it’s offensive. I’d definitely take Bari over Sochan but several of the rest you can make a good case either way depending on what you are drafting for, including moving Kessler ahead of him.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

no idea why you're wasting so much time on geezers who clearly haven't understood the game in years

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Priceless.

Your boy was actual $hit as a player his first few yrs. Not to mention a cancer in the locker room, yet you believe he's the best player on the team. 2 yrs older than Green. 3 than Bari.

So Head Case gets an extra 2 yrs of growth before judgement?

Again.... You do nothing but hate on everyone except your boy. Keep on trolling.

8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I hear ya...

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Im higher on Smith than I was when we drafted him.

The finishing around the rim was a lot better than I thought it would be for his first year. I dont think it will end up an outlier. I don’t think he’s going to do anything but get more effective as he gets stronger, wiser and more explosive.

If we dont get Wemby, we really have to weigh the idea of focusing him on the roll of PF/C more than PF/SF. He needs to be around the rim on defense. He is a decent deterrent and an excellent defense of rebounder. I think he is fine on the perimeter and is certainly switchable, but I see him as more of a center than I do a wing. Plus if you play them at center, he may be able to use his quickness to drive on other bigs. Good compliment to Sengun as well.

DD

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The posts criticizing Bobby or arguing with him render the ignore list nearly pointless. Why dont y’all just stop engaging?

there isn’t a single post, like ever where he talks basketball. It’s putting players or other posters down consistently. If we dont engage, he may go to reddit or espn.

Richie_Rich, anthony59237 and OremLK like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Notice the difference here is the lack of delusions. No one is comparing KPJ to HOFers, no one is predicting he'll be the best player in the NBA....someone just states the obvious, that KPJ was the second best performing player overall this season and the most consistently good player on a VERY bad team....and you throw a tantrum.

I mean, rock on, throw your tantrum if it makes you feel better, but you'll have to understand that some will laugh at you for it.

Seriously though, if your emotional attachment to some of the worst players on the 2nd worst team in the NBA causes you to act like this, maybe it's a sign you need to touch some grass or just get away from the board for a while.

Good luck!

12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

They are being generous too. Kessler and mathurin were both better than him

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

A tantrum?

You obviously have no idea what that is.

Talk about touching grass...

The only getting off you do is beating down boys.

What does that say about you?

You're in the "I'm always right club", nothing anybody says can change that because you're Bobby "the great" and your avatar is an evil superhero. Enough said. That ish on itself is priceless.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're very upset and lashing out...yes, you are throwing a tantrum, and that's fine. I've come to expect that kind of thing from quite a few around here, especially in the GARM with the dual pseudo-religious cults and their zealots.

I'm in the "try to stay grounded by reality" club, which is why i make an effort to stick to what can be objectively shown rather than being swayed by pseudo-religious fervor or hype.

That said, I know that isn't for everyone, so you do you, hero.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I wasn't who you were responding to but I'll say this. I love Tari - one of my favorite Rockets of recent memory. That said - the knock on him falling in the draft was because he doesn't remember plays and I most definitely have seen people directing him in game frequently.

Put it like this - I caught a Rockets game earlier this year with my teenage kids who know nothing about basketball and we were close enough to hear the players chatting and both my kids at various points asked about Tari - one asked why everyone was telling him what to do, and the other sitting on the other side of our group down the row said that guy seems like he doesn't know what he is doing and then points at Tari. It was definitely more obvious in person and to Tari's credit he has incredible basketball instincts...but he is definitely not a guy who knows how to operate within a system at this point in his career. I don't know if you would call it bad bball IQ but it's something to note that he feels his way through the game more so than he thinks it. That is going to be a limit for Tari's potential if he doesn't figure out how to think through the game as well.

FLAGRANT1 likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To add on to what you're saying, I watched Tari a lot in college, one of his biggest weaknesses is that he tends to get tunnel vision when heading to the basket and it gets him in trouble pretty often.

He's a really fun player though, high effort guy that was sadly one of the best 3 point shooters on the team.

glimmertwins and FLAGRANT1 like this.
  17. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Spin away.

Can't wait til next year when you're hating on another 19 yr old that's not up to your great standards.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If a player does poorly, I'll say they did poorly...and you'll likely cry about it.

If they do well, I'll say they did well...and you'll still probably cry about it because, well, that's apparently just what you do.

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Already claimed Henderson is no good when actual NBA evaluators have labeled him the next great PG. Rose and Westbrook in their prime.

And he's how old?

Sure he doesn't have any time to grow.

20. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

@Bobbythegreat

Already claimed Henderson is no good when actual NBA evaluators have labeled him the next great PG. Rose and Westbrook in their prime.

And he's how old?

Sure he doesn't have any time to grow.