1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari and Sengun is a duo made in heaven

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jun 24, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are just insane.

2. hakeemthagreat

Lol. EVERY sensible basketball fan knows Sengun's defense is terrible. He fouls at a alarming rate and he can't guard quicker players, which is why hes always targeted. Dig myself into what hole? Please tell me where I've been wrong, EVER

3. hakeemthagreat

Where is he insane? Sengun's defense is bad, Bruno played fantastic..We should keep him

4. hakeemthagreat

Inferior how? Defensively? No f-in way. Offensively there isn't much of a gap. Tate's defense is MILES ahead

5. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I think Segun is best suited playing next to a rim protector. So many big man can space the floor it can work playing Jabari at the 3, using Segun in a Draymond/Barkley facilitator role with a Brook Lopez type.

Like fashion and music, sports strategy is both dynamic and cylical to an extent. Having a post up threat who can initiate and led guards play off the ball can exploit the modern 4/5 out system.

If youre not replacing Segun with a rim protector, its not worth the tradeoff. Certainly not for a high effort/character "pest" defender who is going to cramp spacing on offense

So Saith Red likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Zen Tabak and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

aaquaa, CXbby and Bobbythegreat like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty close to every possible way.

Sengun is a better defender, rebounder...both offensive and defensive, better rim protector, better at creating for himself, better at creating for teammates both directly and indirectly....and all of this while Sengun was an 18 year old kid adjusting to life in a country and on a team that he didn't speak the same language AND he struggled to get consistent playing time because the head coach is a moron.

The only thing Tate did better is shoot 3's....and Tate is still terrible at that.

aaquaa, AroundTheWorld, fattz and 3 others like this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sengun is going to be fine defensively. If you watched the games, he was very solid for many stretches. Seemed to block more shots then you would guess.

His early season ankle injury set him back. Our coaching and sucking set him up.for little success.

Flanking him with Eason/Smith/Garuba is going to "shorten the field" for his responsibilities. Even Green may end up as a defensive plus on smaller guards as soon as this year.

We should look to lose the same amount or maybe a few less games but be much more competitive.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I still think a big stretch guy like Bamba makes sense and Smith Jr at the 3. I think his defensive strength is side to side, but he's going to get overpowered at the 4.

11. hakeemthagreat

Goodness gracious you're a idiot smh

maj21 likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The irony in this post is just astounding. You’re the dumbest poster on this forum and a racist.

ajc123, RudyTBag, CXbby and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Solid argument bruh.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I admit I didn’t watch the Rockets much last year other than some games in the early part of the season. Sengun’s defense looked pretty decent back then, especially for a rookie.

Was there a drop off later in the season?

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He had his ups and downs. Like any rookie

leebigez and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

Things I was right about when it was a unpopular opinion:

-Harden being a cancer & a serial quitter
    -Morey needed to go and one of his staff members replacing him
    -Rockets needing to KEEP CP3 over Harden for player development & mentoring young players (like he's doing in Phoenix now). You guys said he was washed up
    -Dmo sucking
    -Rockets NOT taking Ben Simmons and collecting picks
    -Josh Smith being a great pick up despite many here saying he was trash
    -I was the FIRST to call Westbrook/CP trade before it went down

What exactly have I been wrong about to make me a idiot? What have YOU been right about that makes you SO brilliant?

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No where have I proclaimed to be right. But you definitely haven’t been. Plus I don’t say a bunch of racist **** like you do.

aaquaa likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo is the greatest Rockets player since Hakeem.

Everyone knows it.

ajc123 likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can make your "point" with a post, and be on your way, little doggy. No need to blow up the whole thread.

----------------------
    I see immense talent in Sengun. Three years ago he was a literal fudge pop. I think 23-year-old Sengun is going to be a different monster on both ends. Could not be more excited for the Jabari and Sengun Bash Bros.

I still think Sengun is massively underrated, too. He might still be the most talented player on this roster. The coaching staff needs to let him loose. Run the offense through him and everyone eats, plus the other team is in the bonus. Allow him to be a force on offense while he puts the pieces together on defense. Yao went through a similar curve.

aaquaa, peleincubus, ajc123 and 4 others like this.