1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabar Gaffney speaks about the Eagles and Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Howyalikemenow, Mar 21, 2006.

1. swilkins

swilkins Member

We'll find out what type of player he truly is in their system. I can only think of a few players that stood out in the last 4 years. Everyone else either contributed to the problem or their lack of production was a result of the horrible play from the surrounding cast.

I don't think he was horrible. He did drop some key passes, but he was probably just as surprised as everyone else that the ball actually found it's way to him. :D

2. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

I dont really see anything wrong with what he said. He seemed to be more complementary of his new team then he was derogatory of his old one. The only thing he said that made no sense was the comparison of the facilities (of course, ive never seen either locker room or weight room)

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Member

Other than TO, no Philly receiver has really "stood out" in recent memory.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

I've actually always thought Jabar could do a lot more on the field as a receiver.

That said, I don't think he is light years better than the Eagles current receivers, and it's not like they've been pro-bowl regulars or something.

I guess my point is that I think Jabar would be pretty good in a wide open passing offense...Colts being the obvious example. Whatever the percentage is of throw vs. run in Philadelphia, they don't get their receivers the ball all that much.

5. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

i hope he drops a few balls and PHilly turns on him.

6. msn

msn Member

...which can be a pretty brutal experience.

7. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

The Jabar Gaffney's of the NFL are a dime a dozen. The Texans will find someone else to fill his small shoes.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

In his defense, Buchanan... well, he had NO DEFENSE.

Someone please look up Gaffney's thrown-to vs. completions (where he was the intended receiver) stats. If he caught the ball 80% or more, I'll shut up; else, I will say "STFU Jabar".

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

You don't have to hope. It's Jabar Gaffney: It's guaranteed.

10. swilkins

swilkins Member

I was talking about the Texans not having the surrounding cast (except for the few marquee players).

You're right though.