1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JA Morant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jan 3, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some thing's gotta give on this maturity trip.

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Hilarious that you are trying to have a conversation with me that I'm not even discussing. I'm not even talking about Ja - I'm just saying don't be a Kobe revisionist historian or apologist. All that Ja vs Kobe stuff is a conversation you continue to try to have.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. i3artow i3aller

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's out there for reprogramming. No telling what will become of him.

6. i3artow i3aller

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

You are a special kind of Ja Morant stupid. YOU literally brought up Kobe after I was discussing Ja Morant in a Ja Morant thread. Then you say you are not talking about Ja Morant in the Ja Morant thread, and claim someone is apologizing for Kobe, when YOU literally brought Kobe into this thread on your own, you literally introduced the topic in a Ja thread and then try to blame someone for responding to it. I have seen this with low IQ people, who tend to already have an idea in their head of what someone may say, but doesn't have the capacity to actually read what they say. Lmao dude you have major issues if that is what you got out of that discussion, I will leave you be, because I can guarantee anyone who is that argumentative and introduces an argument and then attempts to blame someone else for responding , im sure you have great personal relationships lmao. Maybe go find a Kobe thread if that is what you want to discuss and dont want to discuss Ja Morant in the Ja Morant thread.

#287 BallSoHarden, Mar 13, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Usually when people have a learning or reading comp issue, they just tend to laugh, so makes sense you find it funny. Enjoy the convos you have w the voices in your head guy.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Not all in one year, surely? I’m assuming he would lose $39 million if he misses all-NBA for all five years of his contract, not if he misses it one year.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant is undergoing counseling in Florida and has been communicating with teammates via text and video since he left the club earlier this month, multiple team sources told The Athletic.

Last week, a team security officer accompanied Morant to Florida where he is receiving counseling in a retreat-like setting, team sources said. He has been contacting teammates via text and FaceTime, according to the sources.

tinman and i3artow i3aller like this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

so he's not going to jail? david stern has some long reach frfr

i3artow i3aller, JumpMan and J.R. like this.
  12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love Ja’s game. He’s good for basketball. I hope he finds peace.

ElPigto likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

rip ja. he was a good one before he succumbed to the dark side

daywalker02 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

thoughts and prayers

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jar ja bings.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

his name is "yes" in swedish. nobody likes a yes-man. it makes sense now.

i3artow i3aller and daywalker02 like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who leaked the photos? Shotgun Willie's is not going to get Harden's business now.
    big mistake on them.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"counseling in a retreat-like setting"

Sounds like he is really humbling himself, do I need to feel sorry?

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I didn't think Tyus Jones could be my fantasy finals saviour - but here we are.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/4306966/2023/03/14/ja-morant-grizzlies-absence-return/

Morant has already been ruled out of Memphis’ next game, which just happens to be in Miami on Wednesday. The team has declined to speculate beyond that day, but theoretically Morant could rejoin the Grizzlies there and accompany them to San Antonio for a game against the Spurs Friday.

“He’s made strides – he’s ready to come back,” Brooks said.

Brooks is among the many Grizzlies team members to have heard from Morant frequently during his absence. Coach Taylor Jenkins said he has “been communicating (with Morant) every couple of days, trying to give him the appropriate space but also just keeping him up to speed on what the team is doing and (learning) how he’s doing as well.”

“He’s in good spirits,” said Jones, who has spoken with Morant frequently. “He knows what he did, where he’s at, he knows where he needs to get to, and he understands that the time is now for him to get better. It’s unfortunate that he’s away from the team, but it’s also a time for him to take care of himself first and put himself before basketball. That’s important to do and so I’m hoping he’s able to take care of himself. The idea of basketball will be here. The team will be here. He knows he needs to get his mind right.”

The Grizzlies, collectively, seem to be operating under the belief that Morant will return to them, possibly very soon. But there is at least a gentle breeze of caution blowing through the locker room because the NBA is investigating the nightclub incident and could suspend him.

Before Monday’s win, Jenkins said “there is a lot of internal dialogue going on and obviously there are still things going on at the league level as well that we’re in communication (about). Ja’s fully engaged in this process and ready for whatever comes next.”

i3artow i3aller likes this.