1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JA Morant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jan 3, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Bro - Nike stuck by Kobe even after he very clearly raped a girl. They even helped clean up his image afterwards. They stood by Kyrie’s dumb things for a LONG time too and I think only abandoned him once the fans started to leave Kyrie. If Morant remains popular among people who buy sneakers, Nike will stick by him and deal with the image problem - which if I’m being honest is NOT coming from people in the hood who have done or know people who do this stuff and don’t necessarily judge him for it.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ha - that’s rich. Probably has nothing to do with Boogie trying to get himself back in the league somehow.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

People who don’t earn money themselves doing work they take pride in don’t understand the real value of it. Morant’s crew isn’t working day jobs - Ja is picking up the tab on most nights and hiring them for meaningless jobs they don’t actually work hard for. It’s not just true for celebrity crews - the same goes for kids of wealthy parents.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Crazy sports weekend -- Temetrius gone bananas, Fat Jon Jones, March Madness firing up, Rockets v. Spurs, Half off at League City... What a time to be alive.

B-Bob, clos4life, J.R. and 1 other person like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Got a taste of alcohol and clubs and completely railed off.

Kobe use to pay and invite young athletes to clubs because he knew that would eliminate his competition. Kobe wouldn't go.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Dude is speedrunning "how to ruin your pro career."

And on top of everything else, Brandon Clarke is out for the season with a torn Achilles while Brooks can't stop giving soundbites even though no one asked. And he's also suspended for their next game (an important one) bc of too many techs.

Morant saying "I'm fine in the West" was really the start of the Grizzlies' karmic downfall smh.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. i3artow i3aller

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He has an entourage and they clearly aren't a good influence.

12. i3artow i3aller

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Only thing he needs to do on his time away is watch the Aaron Hernandez doc on Netflix. Ask himself if it’s cooler to be Tom Brady or Aaron Hernandez.

clos4life likes this.
  14. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Kobe had a lot of smart people around him, it takes effort to rebuild a brand when you do this type of damage, Ja is not hanging out with smart people, he is involved in gang type culture. I don't think Ja' s body holds up, hes already had some issues with the way he plays, I think hes headed towards more of a Gilbert Arenas path than Kobe Bryant. Also, Kobe did not "very clearly do anything" you would need an actual trial to present evidence , an opportunity for the prosecution to present their case, and have witnesses testify, etc, none of that happened, so claiming anything is clear is just pure speculation.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Kuzma needs to take his own advice and start wearing normal clothes.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Dude is just punk. Shitty person

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

18. VanityHalfBlack

Nothing is more annoyingly cringe than the 2nd amendment truthers coming out of their troll hole whenever there is a gun involved in the situation. I wanna fight those dudes too.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can we somehow rescue Tyus Jones from this mess and bring him to the Rockets. Looks like KPJ and Nix would help the culture in Memphis. They might get along well with Ja Morant, his dad, and Dillon Brooks.

VanityHalfBlack and Yung-T like this.
  20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

This is brilliant from Murray. Huge respect knowing that is his mindset. Not enough athletes have this mentality. That shows a lot of personal growth and discipline and I'm all for it.

i3artow i3aller and Yung-T like this.