1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.V.G. : H.O.F.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Mar 16, 2006.

1. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

JVG haters, I hate to say, but you guys are morons. If not, you just resent him because of how he acts with the media...etc.

I LOVE IT!!!!
    Take a look in the mirror before you bring out childhood-based projections on this board. JVG tells it like it IS

Yao needs to sustain the fire defensively. That's what is turning heads in the league, did you hear kenny smith talk about it? Everyone knows he can score, and that he will be a great scorer, but can own the inside? He's supposed to score 36 when Tmac's out. Can he change the opposing teams offense, though?

JVG is a baaaad mo fo. He's young. I bet you, he's going H.O.F.

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

LOL. I thought when I read the thread title that he was gonna imply Howard Only Fan

4. edc

edc Contributing Member

Mr. Van Gundy is already in the only halls of fame he will ever be a part of...

5. holey_billy

holey_billy Member

this one will be in the clutchfans classic

6. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Do you seriously believe this or are you just trying to pick a fight?

7. fromobile

I'm freaking serious. Absolutely. What do teams fear in the palyoffs? JVG type teams. This is the best coach the Rockets have ever had. He's dedicated, knows the game, unshakably confident. Gets his teams playing with fire, even when they're down. He models dedication and fire, and never giving up.

Look at the dissenters, look at the people who don't like JVG. They're virtually all people who don't actually know anything about basketball. Bad journalists, or fans. Charles Barkley is luke warm because with JVG he would have been benched (and eventually, probably, have won a ring). Barkley is also hot winded, as we know. Hey I'm just a fan, too, but at least I know that Doug Collins, or Pat Riley, Greg Poppovich, or John Barry know more than me. Look at who likes him: Coaches and players. They respect JVG. John Barry gets cut by the guy and still says he's his favorite coach. Tmac, the most talented player in the game wants JVG. Patrick Ewing is an undying fan.

He coaches playoff basketball. If Rudy T had kept going with Yao Ming, he'd be shooting Dirk Nowitski shots, and not playing D. Who wins in the playoffs? Who do teams fear in the playoffs? JVG type of teams. Period.

Once again, it's time for bandwagoners to get on and believe in something, not get off.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

in my opinion there might be other times that could be better to bash Rudy T and give props to JVG, and say he is headed to the hall of fame when rudy has won 2 of houstons only 2 major sport championships and jvg has given us the worst game 7 loss in the history of the NBA.

just sayin

9. hnjjz

hnjjz Member

Did you miss the 11 page thread on this subject that's near the top of the front page? You just had to start another thread to say what has been said a thousand times in that other thread because your post is just so unbelievably important and interesting? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. fromobile

Peleincubus,
    exactly my point. There may be better times to talk about this...for people who ride the bandwagon.

hnjjz, you are negative.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Riiiighhhhttt....

Is that why Rudy's team beat Pat Riley's team at THEIR OWN GAME on 1993 playoffs? Riley wanted defense, Rudy's team gave Riley's team defense and a half. Riley wanted a physical game. Rockets gave them a physical beating. JVG is just Riley's puppy. HE stole his plays. Even Riley dumped some of those play calls a decade ago.

Rings:

Rudy 2
    JVG 0

Learn your NBA history before throwing up garbage.

PS. JVG is feared in playoffs....umm ok. Maybe he should try making the playoffs first!

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

van gundy has made the playoffs every single season he's been a coach in this league. if you think we miss the playoffs this year specifically because of van gundy than you're a bigger idiot than i thought.

13. DaGlide

DaGlide Contributing Member

Uh huh.

Uh huh.

Uh oh.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The comment was for THIS year.

Well duh. Like I didnt know he has made playoffs before?!

And I am also sure he has dominated the playoffs as implied. *laugh* I will have to dig out those imaginary tapes from somewhere.

#14 Zboy, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yes he has. In a WEAK western confrence. In a time when his style of play dominated because of the old rules.

AND he STILL didnt win anything. NOTHING. ZERO. ZILCH. BIG FAT 0 championship.

With the new rules, his coaching is outdated and overrated. He is getting owned by newcomers like Mike'D and Avery Johnson.

The comment about making playoffs was for THIS year.

If you cant see the shortcomings of JVG's coaching style in today's league, your IQ leaves alot to be desired.

You must enjoy losing.

16. DaGlide

Well, there was that time when he made it to the NBA Finals ... but you knew that since you're such an expert in NBA history and all.

Here's a lesson, Mr. Mensa: the correct spelling is "a lot".

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I believe I already mentioned the WEAK EASTERN conference at that point. If the eastern conference had been any decent at that time, no chance he would make the finals. I guess your comprehension skills are just as bad.

Around that time and for a few years later than that the "Eastern Powerhouses" were teams led by Carter, Alonzo Mourning/Larry Johnson, Iverson, JKidd. Now that 2 REAL teams have emerged in Pistons, Heat, and to a lesser degree, Indiana (when healthy), the Kidd + Carter, and Iverson led teams are fodders. That should tell you about the competition JVG's Knicks team faced when they went to the Finals.

FYI, I am from NY. My roomate was a Knicks fan and even he would admit that the only reason Knicks went to the finals that year was because of sad state of the conference.

If the best you can do in critisizing my post is me leaving a space bar out, you lost the argument to begin with.

BTW, good spelling != high IQ necessarily and vice versa. You might wanna do some research before giving someone a lesson. You might also want to keep a spell and typo checker handy when reading my post because I am typo-happy.

Get back to me when JVG wins a championship. Maybe then you might actually have a case.

Once again, score as it stands,

Rudy 2
    JVG 0

#17 Zboy, Mar 17, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  18. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Who did you root for in '94? I sense bandwagon.

19. DaGlide

That's funny, I don't see a mention of the Eastern Conference in your other posts in this thread. Maybe you can put that handy edit function to good use and prove me wrong.

Yeah, because the Nets and 76ers this season are equivalent to the teams they had back in 2000-2002. The Lakers had a pretty good team back then, but they are a bubble playoff team now. Does this tell us that the Western Conference is much stronger now than it was back then?

That was just an aside. Your first assertion was that Van Gundy needed to make the playoffs before he could be feared in the playoffs. You later corrected that statement, saying that he has never "dominated" the playoffs. I believe you are wrong on both counts.

Fair enough. Under normal circumstances, I think it's pointless to call people out on spelling and grammar errors on a BBS. That said, you were criticizing another poster's IQ simply because he didn't agree with you.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

There I go with my typos again. I did mention it but with typo of Western.

My point was what you see now Nets and Sixers was what you would get back then. Before that it was Miami led by Alonzo/Larry Johnson. Hardly teams that anyone would fear. During that period it was pretty mucha given that whoever cam out of Western conference would smack the Eastern team, and thats exactly what was happening. The top western conference teams of today would handidly beat any of those teams.

I am sorry but now matter how you cut it, I dont see JVG's Knicks make it to Finals any other time.

I never corrected anything. I clarified it. Does it make sense that I would not know that JVG has made the playoffs??

The statement was for this year. No one is fearing JVG if he is on the bottom pile of the Conference. [/QUOTE]

If someone starts off by calling me an idiot, expect a yummy response. I maybe an idiot, but I would rather have someone with a higher IQ point that out.