1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Last night i heard on ESPN that they were lookin to move him I think a Franchise/J. Rich backcourt would be great.

But what would be a good deal? Mobley? EG? what?

2. Dr. Basketball

that would be great!

but it will never happen!

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Jason Richardson is an intriguing player. He is still young and super athletic but he has yet to live up to his expectations. The guy makes a lot of the same mistakes as Cat but does not score nearly as well. I would probably be willing to take a chance on him but giving I don’t know if I would give up Cat for him. Maybe if they tossed in Danny Fortson for Eddie Griffin.

The plusses would be that Jason has more natural athletic talent IMO than Cat and he has more height and is only 22.

The negatives are that no one works harder than Cat, period. We know what we have in Cat and that is a legitimate second scoring option that teams must respect. Richardson could have a brake out year this year or he may never have a brake out year.

I would probably chance it.

4. 2 Live Crew

2 Live Crew Member

SF Lamar Odom
    SG J Richardson

FoR

SG Cuttino Mobley
    PF Eddie Griffin
    C Kelvin Cato
    PG Moochie Norris
    2 Future 2nd Round Picks

Only trade clippers would take, but you know thats very likely who would want houstons crap :(

5. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

since when is j. rich on the clips?? i think ure thinkin of Q. Richardson

6. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

I think that trade would work if we were to include 2 more future 2nd round picks. Then, and only then, will the Los Angeles Warriors accept that trade. ;)

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Sure, add Jason Richardson, who scores less points than Cat(15.6) on a lower FG%(.410) and wait and see how long it takes Payton/Bryant or even Cassell/Sprewell to drop 80-100 points on our backourt. Know why the Warriors might wanna get rid of him? He, like the rest of the warriors, plays zero defense.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Don’t be so quick to blow off Richardson. Cat is better now no doubt but Richardson does have a ton of talent and he is only 22, Cat will be 28 when the season starts. Richardson could still turn into one of the best all around 2 guards in the league. Plus this could be his break out year. I would seriously have to consider this trade

9. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

why do we need richardson when we have cat.

why move cat, when he's one of the only reasaonable contracts we have on our books...this is complete garbage-thinking.

the rocks need:

1) a smart role player at the PG that can backup steve,
    2) more muscle on the glass at the PF position, and
    3) possibly a start 3, if posey leaves...

jayson richardson would not be a good fit for the rocks.

we have enough young talent, we need to bring in some veteran leadership...

10. rocksolid

dude, layoff the paint chips...

11. smackpeddler

smackpeddler Member

Jason Richardson is vastly over-rated. He has a very low fg%, doesnt especially score well. Is a poor mid range shooter, is only a legit 6'4" and he also plays NO defense...... PASS ON HIM

12. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I say stick with Cat. JRich is known for his highlight reel dunks, but look at his FT%.His first year he was shooting 67 %, last year was a respectable 76%. Mobley's FT% has never been lower than 81.8%, hitting 85.8% last year. In addition to the lowered scoring average, FG%, we wouldn't have Mobley making those FTs he loves taking oh so much. JRich has more potential, sure, but Francis/JRich backcourt...we complain of decisionmaking now, just wait until that happens.

Edit:
    I agree: his defense BLOWS. 30 points a night for BOTH opposing guards would be a nightly thing.

#12 tierre_brown, Jul 23, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2003
  13. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I would do it if Richardson wasn't due up for a contract extension within the next few seasons. Cat's contract is very reasonable and we simply don't have any room to trade a good contract for a player who will be looking for the max.

14. 2 Live Crew

2 Live Crew Member

Nobody wants Cuttino Mobley hes a waste of space.

Ball Hog
    No Defensive
    Smart Arse
    Rim bricker

He will be a rockets forever like moochie, we fill sorry for these guys in CBA, and etc... cause there little bit better but then they aint better for the Nba. Lets get it right! :( Jaunic Hawkins ???? lmao :( sad.....

15. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Someone want to teach this guy some English? And a Rockets roster: Jaunic Hawkins?!

16. goophers

goophers Member

Is that guy saying Hawkins is a eunuch? :confused:

17. rocksolid

You hooked on phonics, dawg?

Let me clue you in...Cat's our best defensive player...as you might say, he's 'Yes Defensive'...