1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

J A Adande dogs on Schaub on Around the Horn!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by robroy77, Feb 9, 2011.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Manning is the only one out of those guys who has a remotely big arm.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Matt makes the other guys look like Brett Favre.

You would take Freeman though right? Right!?!

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Matt is on notice this season, contract is almost up and, just like Kubes, it's win or bust, all things being equal. Now if the defense sucks again and he performs like 2009-2010 then we'll see.

4. DonnyMost

Noodle arm seems to be running a top 3 offense the past couple of years, so, I think I can live with a few underthrown deep balls every year.

It is pretty comical listening to guys call into 790 on Monday morning b****ing about that when Schaub posts a 90+ passer rating and our defense gives up 400+ yards and 30+ points.

5. DonnyMost

Just like Vick, I need a larger body of work to judge.

Schaub has proven his worth over many years and performances, so I have to stick with him right now.

But Freeman looks very promising.

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

adande is the most annoying person on that show. I wish they would find someone to replace him for good. he's an l.a. nuthugger. Woody Paige is the only reason I watch when I get a chance.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i love how calling him a noodle arm is somehow discredits the fact that he still gets the job done. Brees is the perfect example.

It's like b****ing about chuck hayes for being short after he shuts down someone. The job was done...that's all that matters.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

It's not just the arm. It's the ill advised turnovers as well. He get's 70% of the job done. He's ok.

9. conquistador#11

Exactly. Suddenly you give schaub a top defense and he is looking that much better.

"the elite division" rankings article was a fun read. It would be nice to go up against our own defense instead of the Jets and Ravens.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

he doesn't seem to generally have more of those than some of the other top QB's. I think it would be nice if his TD/Int. ration was better, and certainly some haven't been timely (Arizona a few years back, Baltimore this past season), but just look at this year's playoffs - Brady had a horrible pick early against the Jets, Ben made some awful plays the first half against the Packers.

It happens. You'd rather it happen less...of course. But it doesn't mean Schaub isn't a near-elite level QB, which is pretty much where universally everyone except JA Adande, apparently, ranks him.

1 person likes this.
  11. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

he had a 12 ints which is less than manning, brees, cutler... tied rivers and had one more than rodgers. He did have a couple of bad ones but most qbs do. Point being, it's hardly been so routine that it's enough to b**** about.

I still find it amazing how people can b****, whine and moan about schaub given all the other problems of the team. But then again, i need to realize most of those people don't follow logic and reason.

12. DonnyMost

These discussions all go the same way.

Introduction of Schaub as topic
    Mostly praise with minor criticism sprinkled in
    Schaub haters post nonsensical crap
    Praisers post facts and ask for evidence
    Haters backpeddle and slink away while grumbling to themselves about some nebulous, unquantifiable stat or factor which Schaub "doesn't have"

Repeat

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

We are lucky to have Schaub as this team's quarterback. He's sitting just outside the top 5 in the league, in my opinion. I would put him between 6 and 8. The guy doesn't get credit because his defense sucks, which keeps him from winning 10-12 games a year. Instead, he leads our team to miraculous comebacks, half the time we end up blowing, anyways. Last season, had our defense been better, and we won 12 games (instead of blowing a few late, and others our defense just never showed up in), you'd have seen Schaub ranked about 4th in MVP voting. The guy gets no credit for how clutch he is. Fact is, outside of Manning, Brady, maybe Brees and Rodgers, there is no one else I'd rather have with two minutes left needing a touchdown. Schaub has shown the ability time and time again to march his team down the field late and put them in position to win.

Schaub is underrated in the same sense that, had we made the playoffs in the last five years, you'd be hearing the question as to who is the best all-time receiver, Andre Johnson or Jerry Rice. (Given, Johnson needs a few more years at this level, but the national media likes to jump the gun on those types of things)

Yes, I just said that.

14. Landlord Landry

Mark Castle is not in the same class as Roethlisburger.

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

yeah but Matt Cassell may be ;)

16. Landlord Landry

Matt Cassel is the brother of world famous ex Astros legend Jack Cassel.

17. DonnyMost

Agree, and I'm not saying he is.

Just saying that beyond the first tier, the placement of those guys, Schaub in particular, gets a little complicated, for the most part.

There are some on the low end, some on the high end, but amongst them, Schaub isn't on the low end.

18. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Haha so true. And its usually the same people involved just in different threads. You forgot to mention the "Vince Young is the greatest player ever" element that usually surfaces midway through the discussion

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Did you seriously just try and argue that Jay Cutler, he of the 76.8 and 86.3 QB ratings in the past two years with 42 interceptions, is a better QB than Matt Schaub? :confused: Wow. That might be the single dumbest post I've seen in a while.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

Are you really going to say Schaub is more talented? are you that dense?