1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ivey/Cunningham/Duren/Stewart

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VoR, Jul 9, 2022.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, it's kind of funny but the East has finally overtaken the west as the main conference.

On paper, I think our core is more dynamic. The dynamic back court has been done over and over again, hell, WE'VE done it twice here with Harden/CP3 and Harden/Russ, Portland did it for years with little success.

Detroit's backcourt could be amazing but...where is their frontcourt prospect? Duren is INTERESTING, he's more of a traditional big though, Bagley is a bust.

Our frontcourt prospects are 100% better than theirs though. Easily. Our backcourt prospects aren't as good, I'd take Cade/Ivey over KPJ for sure, but we do have Green.

I would not take Duren over Bari and I would not take Duren over Sengun. He's just your standard big who will rebound, defend, and finish around the rim. that's about it. You definitely want one of those on your team but the more versatile your big the better.

I think people are putting way too much into their backcourt duo but you NEED versatile bigs to win in this league, that's been shown year after year, Detroit has none and the only way you get them is at the top of a draft or trade for them.

Also, people are way underrating a wing player who can't be stopped. That is by far the most overpowered superstar archetype in the NBA. If you have a wing that can get a bucket when he wants to get a bucket you WILL win championships, I mean if he can do it in the playoffs as well, that should be said but that's what Green is at his absolute ceiling.

#21 JayGoogle, Jul 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know why we're discounting Bey here. I like him. He can play SF.

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Detriot has more physicality. The Rockets players are more athletic. The Rockets need some size inside the paint

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Rockets still have more assets and capability of shaping their roster over the next 2 years. The Pistons are closer to what they will have already set in place. Cade will be winning a decent amount of games this years already likely.

Williamson likes this.
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He would be behind JC, Tari, and KPJ (if the Rockets get a PG in the future) for SF minutes with the Rockets, and he's older than those 3.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ivey and Green are the same age. Green went to the NBA draft after 1 year in the g-league, while Ivey spent another year in school. If Green had another year of development, it wouldn't even be close who the better prospect would be in the draft.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. JW86

JW86 Member

Getting Duren was huge, how the Hornets blew that one I will never understand. Glad he ended up on a team that is going somewhere, I love the Hornets due to their history, but Detroit is set for a helluva future. East is catching up to the West and let’s see next year, but right now I think Detroit might have a better roster.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Damn, no Rockets? The hate has gotta be intentional

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Cade/Ivey backcourt is gonna be fun to watch and how they develop together

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Let me guess... it's from ESPN?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. the annual NBA GM's survey

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Really tho, what is so special about Orlando’s young core?

Suggs SUCKS so far…he looks like Mudiay out there

Fultz can’t shoot and is injury prone

Isaac hasn’t played a game since 2020, and he seems far more interested in pursuing his passion of being Ben Shapiro’s co-host

Anthony? Nothing special

Wendell Carter? Meh

it can’t be just because of Franz Wagner and Paolo that they would get placed over Houston

15. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

If we're being completely honest... We also have Jalen Duren. What's the difference between him and Bruno Fernando?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think the GMs forgot we have KPJ.

clutchdabear, Rudyc281 and YOLO like this.
  17. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't think they are forgetting. People outside the Houston area treat having KPJ as a negative.

Rudyc281, Yung-T and jordnnnn like this.
  18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

clutchdabear and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. MystikArkitect

Wondering who's going to be worse between Detroit, Orlando and OKC. Orlando looked dreadful yesterday. Detroit traded their only real NBA player and are basically the Cade Cunningham show at the moment. If Jaden Ivey, who looks a lot more raw than Jalen Green looked last year, struggles it's going to be another bottom 3 finish for the Pistons. OKC has SGA and Australian Ricky Rubio.

I'm guessing OKC is going to be the worst of those 3 as they have the least talent on their roster with SAS/Jazz being the two worst teams in the league.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You thought Ivey looks raw? I thought he looked pretty darn good.

Yung-T, apollo33, YOLO and 1 other person like this.