1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ivey/Cunningham/Duren/Stewart

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VoR, Jul 9, 2022.

1. VoR

VoR Member

That's going to be a fun crew to watch develop. I'm sure Detroit looks at our players and thinks the same thing. Might see them in the finals in a few years.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I watched so many Detroit games last year…more than I ever have in 1 season by far

I will be doing the same again this year

I love Cade, and Cade-Ivey is such an interesting backcourt

Duren was a great draft night trade for them…a much better option than offering Ayton big money

they really need a good SF to further complete the roster

3. xaos

xaos Member

I'd guess Ivey and Cade really will play extremely well together. Both have different ways and styles they can attack their opponents. I had Ivey 2a or 2b on my board of consensus top prospects

The fact that they also got Duren who is super young and explosive really makes them a team to watch grow together.

Next year's draft can change a lot for a team's future outlook, but Detroit might be a team to beat in in the East 5 years from now. Obviously it's early and Ivey hasn't played one single game so I'm not proclaiming anything, just excited because I love watching team's like this grow

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I remember watching the first SL game the other night, took one minute to tell Ivey is the real deal. Just has that bounce to him that he knows he can score when he wants and do what he wants. I'm sure he's going to struggle when it comes to NBA defenses but yeah looks like an all-star guard to me.

Him and Green interesting comparisons and I guess they will be seeing each other this season should health and schedule allow it, I wonder if they were in the same draft class who would go first. Green is more slithery with his speed while Ivey has more of that uber-athletic guard burst you see from the likes of Westbrook in his prime and Ivey definitely seems to be more of a playmaker but I think Green has him beat on off the dribble shooting, haven't seen much from that with Ivey other than the stepback, I think Green jumps higher too.

It feels good not to be jealous about their core too or OKCs rebuild. I feel like us, Detroit, OKC, are all collecting some nice young players.

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Cade and Ivey > Green and KPJ

this why the development of Jabari is crucial.

8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Iveys game is sick. Youre telling me we took jaboring over ivey? No offense...

arabrocket and Jontro like this.
  9. The geth & the reaper

Yes

while Ivey is looking good i just don’t see a scenario where Green and Ivey would be conducive to winning, super fun to watch but wouldn’t factor much for wins

JW86, UTSA2step and raining threes like this.
  10. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I am also really interested in how Case and Ivey will work. On the one hand they complement each other - one slow and methodical that can really set up an offense, the other quick and always looking for the unexpected. But right now neither is a great spot up shooter and both prefer to have the ball in his hands. Personally I am still really glad we got Smith and not Ivey…

raining threes likes this.
  11. csc177

csc177 Member

I think Detroit and Orl and possibly even OKC will be competing before we do.

I really like Detroit and how they’ve assembled their squad - I’ll be adding them to my league pass.

leebigez and TheJuice like this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun Jabari Tari and Jalen. Gonna be some battles in the future. I still like our guys.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Ivey gives me Donovan Mitchell vibes.

All offense; no defense

UTSA2step and raining threes like this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Green would have been the 1st overall pick this year. Ivey wasn’t in realistic consideration for anyone in the top 3. I don’t know who ends up being the better player but I prefer Green’s skill set and if they’re both to reach their peak I’d rather have Green.

15. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I had Chet 1 and Ivey 2. I really really like Ivey.

Jontro likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think Duren will be really good.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not us
    Jabari is the need
    The kings passed on him for that Iowa state kid
    The kings always pass on better talent

jerryclark likes this.
  18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

The Kings passing on Ivey was all the confirmation I needed to know that expecting big things from Ivey was really really smart. When Sacto passes on you then you know it's going to hurt them.

jerryclark and tinman like this.
  19. Calvin Murphy's Law

Sadly, not that many people saying Rockets.

Jontro likes this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I honestly don’t know. I think both teams have done an outstanding job of roster building for the future. Both should be contenders for years starting in 2 years or so. The East is stacked right now so I think the Pistons may have to wait a little longer for the play-ins than the Rockets, but both will probably be lottery teams again this year.