1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've seen enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We aren't going anywhere as currently constructed. We'll beat bad teams and hustle our a.. off only to lose to good teams.

Our starting bigs should be coming off the bench. Scola should be a 6th man. Dally should be a backup center.

Our starting 2 and 3 are two of the worst defenders in the entire league, playing on the same team at the same time.

It's just not going to happen with this group of guys. We are going to be up and down, shoot the lights out some nights, and constantly be playing from behind unable to stop the better teams. Doesn't matter how well we play. There'll always be the big, skilled teams around that take our tricky "zone" defense and shove it through the hoop with their 7 footers, or with their 6'9" beast players. We can't stop them.

And there'll always be the teams with superstar wing players that just eat us up. We happened to hit the trifecta with the Lakers, but it really doesn't matter who it is. Night in and night out, we are smaller and shorter in the paint, and we are less athletic and skilled on the wings.

Lowry is the only real keeper on this entire team. Everybody else is replaceable. Morey and Les are going to have some big decisions come the trade deadline. If they can't get Dwight in here, then really it is time to blow it up and go to the lottery. We need to trade Martin and Scola to Philly and whatever other team is competing with the Knicks for the 7th and 8th playoff seeds so we can hopefully get their lottery pick above #5 to go along with our lottery pick.

There's no sense in sticking with this squad. They have to make significant roster moves. Scola has to be moved and most likely Martin has to be moved. It's inevitable.

1 person likes this.
  2. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

The Only thing you need to know about our current team, is that our 6'0 PG leads our team in rebounding SMH

We are the softest team in the league

3. xAliceInChains

Not to be a dick or anything but everyone knows this.

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

Move scola and martin for Pau???

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

You didn't see this coming the whole way? This is why people have been saying ta- errr, I mean "rebuild" all this time.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I don't think we are the softest team in the league, but we are definitely the weakest team in the paint.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Not that I disagree with your overall point but "we'll beat bad teams"??? We beat SAS and Atl...two playoff teams. The issue is the frontcourt, if we play a team with good bigs...we're in trouble.

8. jopatmc

We need to be shopping Scola hard and also need to be putting Martin out there to see what value we can get for him.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wait we beat the Spurs and Hawks, and lost to the Lakers, Grizzlies, and Magic.

If you consider the spurs and hawks bad teams, then we'll be in the Playoffs by beating teams of those caliber and worse...

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well thats something everyone kept saying. Nothing new. You can see our playoff chances should we even get there. There is no we can beat the Lakers in the playoffs. Let alone get the foul calls necessary to keep up with them without a Superstar or a big center.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Pretty much.

It was pretty sad watching Lowry try his *** off to win a game that couldn't be won. I wonder how long he'd deal with this. I think the guy will sign else where if this doesn't change in 3 years.

People will hate me for this but I wouldn't give a single care if this team had a terrible season this year. This mediocre **** gets tiring year after year.

12. Raven

Raven Member

The only thing worse than losing all the time is losing just barely enough to miss the playoffs.

If the Rockets are going to lose, the should lose, if they are going to win, they should win, but the NBA version of Hell is doing equal amounts of both.

13. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

Patrick Patterson is playing like crap and is still getting lots of mins.

We keep complaining that we have no rim defense, meanwhile our tallest player is just chillin on the bench, I dont understand, just give thabeet couple of mins to prove himself!!!

This team is so frustrating:mad:

This is an opinion so f*** you if you dont like it

14. herro

herro Member

The Rockets' next superstar should be drafted. There's no need to fight for an 8th seed.

Deep draft coming . . . unload assets for picks

15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I thought the Rockets play pretty good enough to win the game. The Lakers also shoot exceptionally well. It's just one of those nights where the opponents shoot pretty good to beat you...normally it won't happened all the time...lol. But i think this Rockets team is pretty darn good.

1 person likes this.
  16. jopatmc

Just wait and see. This is the same bunch as last year. We lost lil Chuckie and added Big Dally. At best, that's a wash. In reality it is regression. We sent our lotto pick to the minors to play. We nailed a bunch of shots in our two wins. As the season grinds away, we will be further exposed on the perimeter and in the paint until we are dead in the water about the first of March.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Bud actually did well on defense. He was just guarding a very hot Kobe (and not many defender can stop him on that level).

This roster will most likely be re-vamped by the time the trade deadline ends.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

LOL! Yeah I keep saying that. Nevermind what I think about that now. Its just another snarky response about Morey that everyone will disregard while complaining about the same stuff over and over again.

19. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

We tried shopping both and could have netted the 2nd best center in the league and top 15 player in Pau Gasol if Stern didn't **** on the trade and veto it.

:mad:

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

And BTW, is Philly still interested in a Martin for Iguodala swap?