1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've grown to HATE Trevor Ariza.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Nov 30, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ariza is just fine all things considered.

Best perimeter defender on our team. Does all the small things that often go unnoticed. Great locker room guy and on a cheap contract.

Noob thread bumper

CDrex likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ABSOLUTELY disagree. Two reasons:

1) you can NEVER have too many "I have grown to HATE Trevor Ariza" threads. Never. and,

2) these two separate threads provide a fascinating comparison of where the Rockets have been and where they are going.

To merge these threads would be a disservice to the OP of this one, whom I take it posted this as an homage to the 2009 thread. I for one was unaware of the presence of the earlier thread and am glad now to be informed of its existence. But these are really two distinctly different threads. Do not dumb down ClutchFans by reducing the interesting variability of these threads into some type of lowest common denominator thread police approach. @swyyyguy , I know you can appreciate this last point. You yourself are the originator of one of the greatest and at the same time most redundant threads in ClutchFans history. I know you know the thread of which I speak. I hesitate to share its name here lest I awaken a slumbering Tinman. (wait . . . is that redundant? but I digress.)

Consider this my plea for retaining this remarkable, if stupid, thread. As the OP of many such threads, I take an intense aesthetic interest in the artistry such threads display. I consider the OP of this thread, in some sense, to be my brother. He is gravely wrong, but with him I can simply agree to disagree. With you, I simply disagree.

Okay. Now, who's up for a DMo thread?

swyyyguy likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He look ok and likable.

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He took some ill-advised shots at the end of the game yesterday. I don't care if he made them, he should've milked the clock.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

2nd in the NBA in steals?

Rocket River

No Chill Rocket and DonKnock like this.
  6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I have grown to hate this thread. Trevor I like.

J Sizzle and DonKnock like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have grown to LOVE you growing to HATE the "I have grown to HATE" threads

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Lol! Pretty good, breh! I'll let you cook. :D

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

He's been awful. We need an upgrade at the wing badly because he isn't going to get any better...

10. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

I cringe every time he shoots a three. His form just looks so unconventional. He has made some clutch threes in the past though.

11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Ariza and Harden are like the opposite of each other in term of shooting. Ariza starts off hot then cool off. Harden starts off shooting bricks then play into season form. Something gotta gives I guess

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ariza is enjoying his last days as a Houston Rocket.

See you soon Paul George.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm totally fine with Trevor, he is who he is and we need him, i just think he gets the ball a bit too much on offense...not sure there's a way but i would like to know how many times he gets the ball (especially from James) in comparison to other guys, to me it seems like he's getting a lot more touches.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Trev really needs to finish off the season strong and not carry this cold streak into the playoffs. He's a confidence shooter.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

for the billionth time,

he. is. playing. too. many. god. daam. mother. ****ing. minutes.

he's not a superstar nor is he a super role player. he's just a good role player thats past his prime and on his last legs as a key rotation player.

high 20s is where his minutes should be at

jbasket likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

That feeling when ANDRE ROBERSON has infinitely more 3 pt makes than you do in a series.

Rocketeer4Life and Pen15clubber like this.
  17. Coach E

Coach E Member

Well said. Also here is a fun fact, Ariza led the rockets with 39 minutes played tonight.

Ariza is killing us, he also didn't box out Adams on the tip in at the end of the game. I don't see what he is brining to the table. I like Ariza but it's getting hard to stick up for Him

18. mightybosstone

I just posted this in the game thread, but for anyone who is curious how awful Ariza has been in this series, check out these numbers:
    - 112 total minutes
    - 15 total points
    - 33% from the floor
    - 0 for 6 from the 3-point line
    - Only 2 steals

I'm officially done with this guy. He completely ran and hid in the Golden State series last year, and he's doing exactly the same thing again. Say what you will about Ryno, but at least the guy is taking shots, crashing the glass and trying to make things happen when the ball is in his hand. Trevor is just playing so-so defense while completely disappearing on the offensive end of the floor.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ariza is an all star

Not sure what yall complaining about

J.R. likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

STOP IT SKIP! :mad:
    ;)

Richie_Rich and FTW Rockets FTW like this.