1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've grown to hate STEPHEN SILAS.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Oct 22, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Cheap ass owner hired cheap coach that u don't like. If tilman wanted to open his wallet more maybe he could hire a more talented one so u then this thread wouldn't have been made.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Got a coach that no one wanted :D (if you believe reports)

Players wanted Ty Lue*
    The Tilman wanted JVG
    *Though they did both “endorse” Silas

Hey, John Lucas could have been the coach right now. :D

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/harden-wanted-ty-lue.308965/

D-rock and cheke64 like this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

D-rock likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In 3 to 5 years when we figure out who to keep and build around and whom to get rid of, he will be gone.

DD

5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I think the problem is that it may be apparent to some people that Silas just doesn’t bring enough to the table as a head coach. He’s had 83 games to impress and it seems apparent to some that veteran players don’t respect his vision and the young players take advantage of his kindness by having a severe lack of discipline on both the offensive a d defensive side of the ball. Numerous games last year the team came out inexcusably flat in the second half and lacked hustle/effort. Yes they are young and inexperienced, however some of these issues are directly related to coaching.
    I am so sick and tired of eveyone hating on “nice guy” coach Silas. Minus his failure to coach NBA level offense and defense, along with the lack of consistent effort and hustle from the starting five….he has done an excellent job!!!

6. BonziWellsGOAT

That's my biggest worry. Losing games is whatever but if the lack of leadership and structure is actively hindering and harming development then that's an issue that needs to be addressed

slothy420, D-rock, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  7. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah but the problem is we may never see players blossom in 3-5 years like they should under such an anemic/non existent offensive. You have to give young guys every advantage you can. Can't have a passive observer as a coach if you want to develop young players

Rocketeer, DaDakota and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

needs to be in this thread

9. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Bring this thread to life!

Mr Woods and swoosh1014 like this.
  10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I was trying so hard to look at the positives and give him some leeway…. but goodness gracious he is bad.

No team identify. No leadership. No set plays. No fluidity. Players arguing with each other.

The Rockets are an embarrassment.

11. steddinotayto

But he’s been credited for LeBron’s, Steph’s and Luka’s greatness as I’ve been told

Rockets4Life13 and BigShasta like this.
  12. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Don't forget that he doesn't involve JG on the offensive end at times but too busy with Wood and KPJ development..

BallaDoc and htownrox1 like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3 to 5???
    No way he gets more than 3 yrs

Rocket River

Mr Woods likes this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

I'm done. Silas can go. As far as the young players getting reps, if it's repeating 'selfish play, and bad habits', the reps is stunting their growth more than helping.

Stone can gut the team. I'll settle for mediocrity and 1st round exit than what I saw tonight.

Rockets4Life13 and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He hasn’t shown anything at all. He might be better on a more established veteran team, but it’s looking more and more like he’s not the right guy for this group. I hate it because he’s such a good dude, I badly want for him to be successful, but I’m just not seeing it.

htownrox1 and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

So I finally got to see the Rockets on TV tonight and all I have to say is that Silas’ rotations don’t seem to make much sense. It’s too bad that Sengun was out but he played Nwaba and House too much and didn’t play Martin and Christopher enough.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Maybe so
    I cannot find anyone who can give me a adequate explanation of what our offense is suppose to be or look like

Rocket River

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I wish I could help, but I have no idea either. It’s a free for all basically.

htownrox1 and Rockets4Life13 like this.
  19. steddinotayto

#chaosoffense

In that McMahon article,

Like it's great that you can name drop Luka, Steph and LeBron with confidence, Stephen, but you do NOT have a single player on this team that's on their level. So why not try to let them be creative within a specific system to start off with? Teach them how to color within the lines before you let them go Jackson F***in Pollock.

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  20. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

The body language from KPJ & CWood is terrible... We need a coach that holds players accountable.