1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ive finally changed my stance on the Lowry/Dragic situation (NOT an April Fools Joke)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LOLatSoccer, Apr 1, 2012.

1. borch

borch Member

It`s a reason that we call it FOOTball.

2. Memento

Memento Member

1) Football Soccer.
    The most important and popular sport in the world. In Europe and Latin America is the number one sport in all countries, in Africa is almost the most important sport as well its becoming a mayor popular sport in China, Korea, Japan and the Middle East.
    Weakness: Its no so popular in India, USA and Canada. Women Football is not as popular as men.

2) Basketball.
    The second most popular sport in the World. Its one of the most popular sports in USA, Canada, the second in importance in Europe, Brasil, Argentina and China. Nº1 sport in Lithuania, Turkey, Greece and Israel.
    Weakness: It’s a sport for tall people, not so popular in Africa, the middle east, India, and East Asia.

3) Car Racing (F1, Rally, etc).
    The highiest TV rating sport in the World.
    Weakness: Some people don’t consider this to be a real sport.

4) Tennis.
    A worldwide sport, played everywhere. Wimbledon, Roland Garros, US Open, Australia and the Davis Cup are mayor world sports events. For Women it’s the most popular sport in the World.
    Weakness: It’s a sport for middle and high class people.

5) Athletism (includes swimming).
    The World Cup is the third in importance after the Soccer World Cup and the Olympic games.
    Weakness: Its being constellation of sports in which Capitalism fought peacefully against the Communist countries. In Latin America and the Third World Countries, this kind of sports are not that popular.

6) Golf.
    Another Worldwide sport, played everywhere. Specially in USA and Europe.
    Weakness: Its a sport for very high class people.

7) Boxing.
    Some people consider Boxing the second sport in popularity. But it depends too much on the actual boxers in activity.
    Weakness: It’s a danger sport, only occasionally there is a fight that stimulates the worlds attention.

8) Baseball.
    The nº1 sport in USA.
    Weakness: It’s a local sport, only being popular in USA, Venezuela, Central America, Puerto Rico, Cuba and Japan. It doesn’t have a World Cup, and the best players never attend in the Olympic Games.

9) Volleyball (includes beach volley).
    A Worldwide sport. Being played in every corner of the planet. It’s the second most popular sport in Brasil. Woman Volley is the second sport for Women.
    Weakness: Many people practice it, but doesn’t follow the professional tournaments. Its a ´port without "Stars"
    The best players are not known by the people and the mass media.

10) Hockey (ice, field and roller).
    Another Local Sport. Field Hockey: It’s the National and Second in Popularity sport in India and Pakistan. Also a mayor Olympic Sport.
    Ice Hockey: The National Sport in Canada and very popular in USA, Russia and Northern Europe. A mayor sport in the Winter Olympic Games.
    Weakness: It’s a sport being played in few countries with no big popularity. In Latin America its only being played in Argentina where the women version of field Hockey is more popular than the men s one.

11) Water, Wind Sports. (surf, wind-surf, boating, etc).
    Too many and of different kinds. Only popular in the high class people.
    Surf it’s a very popular sport everywhere.
    Weakness: competitions doesn’t awake the worlds attention.

12) Skiing.
    Highly practiced in the countries were there is snow: North-Europe, USA, Canada, Russia.
    Weakness: Many people practice it but doesn’t follow the Mayor Tournaments.

13) Cricket.
    Another Local Sport. Played almost in the British Colonies, it’s the most important sport in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the West Indies (Bahamas), and its the national sport in England and the third in popularity in Australia and South Africa.
    Weakness. Its just a Local sport with no existence in the rest of the World. Its not an Olympic Sport.

14) Rugby (union, league and seven).
    A Local Sport. Played in the British Colonies and in France. It’s the most popular sport in New Zealand, the second in England, France and South Africa. And very popular in Australia.
    Weakness: Its not an Olympic Sport. In some parts of the World, specially in the whole American continent, East Europe, Asia and Africa this sport is don’t even known.
    In South Africa Rugby was only for White People.

15) Table Tennis.
    It’s an important Olympic sport. The National Sport in China.
    Weakness: In most parts of the World its just a game.

16) Martial Arts (Judo, Taek Won Do, Karate, etc).
    Another important Olympic Sports.
    Weakness: The ordinary people doesn t understand its rules, so its difficult to follow it if you have never practice them.

17) Biking
    A Mayor Sport. Important in the Olympic Games. The nº1 sport in the Basque Country (Spain).
    Weakness: It’s a borring sport to watch it on TV.

18) American Football.
    A Sport only being Popular in USA. It doenst have a World Cup, of course, only USA will win all of them .

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I would really like to see how messi would stack up against the non athletes in the nfl. Just because it's the worlds most popular sport doesn't mean that it isnt pussified.

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

anyone else TL;DR. ?

6. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I agree, the debate isn't "is Dragic better than Lowry?".
    It's "is what we can get for Lowry via trade, paired with Dragic, better than having Lowry and losing Dragic for nothing?" -YES

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

YERR 'MERICA.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL at this thread fail. When you said real sports and football in one of the last posts you just about ruined all of the remaining credibility you might have had. You should have went with Baseball if you wanted to at least get a funny Kenny Powers gif in return.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If we're having another soccer vs American football argument I'd like to remind everyone of another obvious fact: All you need is 4-6 people and a round object and you can play soccer. Poverty is still rampant around the world, hence soccer is king. I lived in a poor part of Brazil, and there I played futbol exclusively. Here I prefer several other sports first.

Maybe Memento would like to provide a source and a methodology for how those sports were researched and explained. I'd like to hear about how "important" soccer is.

This thread now belongs in not-the-GARM.

#29 napalm06, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  10. SK34

SK34 Member

Why do people want Lowry to be gone or Dragic to be gone? They are good together. It wouldn't matter to either one who starts if they want to WIN. And Martin should be traded so Lee can start. Lee wants to WIN more than Martin does apparently.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yerp.

12. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Somebody call me???

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm glad you think that I think your opinion matters.

14. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

still waiting on that quote from Mr. Ford...

15. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

im sorry but andre drummond is flat out garbage.....this is coming from an avid gambler who lost his ass on uconn this year.

The kid plays with no heart whatsoever him and lamb, look at some of the biggest must have games of the year for Uconn like at louisville after a big losing streak and he literally just about put up an ofer, he has all the tools but he is just a big dummy on the court, now kidd gilchrist, that is a guy who is going to be special, I mean 20 pts 8 rebs and a great defender...... dwayne wade with more size, ok maybe not at wades level but a notch below and then Id love a tyler Zeller late with second lotto pick. Alot of people hate on zeller but hes 7 ft, hits his ft and has an array offensively, Id love a 7 ft back up 4 with his offensive game and let pat start.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Where's the Chad Ford quote? Starting to sound like you were blowing hot air.

17. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

LOLatSoccer?
    LOLatThisThread

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he was joking about the Ford quote.

19. HombreDeHierro

LOLatsoccer is kindof a tool for the soccer bashing...

it is the real football, lol. 'Merrca can suck it.

But he does bring up good points. I would also trade Lowry for lotto picks if we can retain Dragic

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Because both players are capable of playing 30 plus minutes a game and being successful but they both can't do that if they are on the same team. It makes more sense to trade one of them for a player that can fill a need and then try to get a decent backup pg that will play the extra 15-20 min a game.