1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ive finally changed my stance on the Lowry/Dragic situation (NOT an April Fools Joke)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LOLatSoccer, Apr 1, 2012.

1. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

I know my opinion is probably not worthy of a thread-starter. But i feel like as one of the biggest Dragic doubters.. or ( haters as some here would say). I feel like its about time i bit the bullet, and admitted i was wrong about Dragic. I cant deny it any longer, the dude is a BEAST.

Chad Ford recently said in a chat that the Portland Trailblazers were willing to offer up pressumbly the number #4 pick in this years draft ( top 3 protected by the Nets) and also their own lottery pick, currently #13 (with top 5 protection) for Rockets PG Kyle Lowry. I dont know how credible Chad Ford is.. but i have never heard anybody doubt his word.

If this trade is offered, Morey simply has to take this deal.. depending if the picks turn out to be #4 and #11-#15. The main reason why i do this trade.. is not because of the new found faith i have in Goran Dragic... but also the prospects potenially entering the draft this year. My target with the number 4 pick would be Andre Drummond.. Im so intrugued by this kid. He is already above the current development of Utah Jazz forward Derrick Favors around the same time, and is also a year younger than his freshman draft class(which adds more to his intrigue).

The comparisons thrown around here on Clutchfans comparing Drummond to Hasheem Thabeet are laughable at best. Anybody with any knowledge of basketball could have seen that Thabeet was gonna be a BUST( one of the more obvious calls ever in the history of the NBA). He just looks LOST most of the time. I never thought he would be a good NBA Player.. certainly not number #2 in the draft worthy. But as for Drummond, he has a very high bbiq.. and is a hard worker according to draftexpress writer/ scout Jonathan Giovony.

I personally believe that Kevin Mchale can turn Andre Drummond into the next Dwight Howard, maybe a Hakeem lite. He has that kid of potential. At worst this kid will be a better shooting verison of De'Andre Jordan.

I also believe once Kyle is pressumably traded( because at this point.. i think Morey will keep Dragic). I think a nice backup PG would be a guy like Isiah Cannan or Scott Machaddo in the 2nd round. Their will be nice guards available in the bottom of the 2nd round.. Morey is the king of GM's at finding nice 2nd rounders

If we dont have to give up any of our first rounders in any trade.. I would use that second Blazers lottery pick on Jeremy Lamb or Bradley Beal. If those guys are off the board we should try and nab Austin Rivers somewhere in the low first round( i think Austin Rivers is overhyped, and may slip on draft night)

I believe that with Chandler Parsons we are set for years to some at the SF position. If Kobe Bryant is impressed with this kid... Then so am i

I also like Tyler Zeller if we somehow cant get Andre Drummond, to me Zeller is like a better version of Thiaggo Splitter who is having a nice season and posting a nice PER with the Spurs this year

Hear me out... I still dont think Dragic is better than Lowry( and i will continue to stand by that). But at the same time. I dont feel Dragic is a liability running the PG position for the Rockets. And he is a solid player. Probably doesnt have all-star potential that Lowry displayed earlier in the season. But he is not a bad PG at all. And for what the Blazers are reportedly gonna give up for Lowry. You have to make that trade( as much as it pains me to say that)

1 person likes this.
  2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Mmmmmm, you finally got Dragic right. You still gotta come around on Drummond. If we made that trade and could get Thomas Robinson, or we could take those picks and combine them with Scola and Martin to get up to Davis....well, those are the 2 guys. Davis and Robinson. Not Drummond.

3. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Why wouldn't the Blazers just save their picks and sign Dragic instead?

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

A top 5 pick, and another top 10 pick?(the Blazers will tank here soon.) I'd give them anyone on the roster for that.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I read that picking Andre Drummond will probably get a GM fired. He has the tools to be special, but apparently his work ethic is crap.

6. Convictedstupid

Sorry if there was a thread on this, but can I get a link to where Ford said that?

7. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Cleverly disguised April Fools joke...

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Where does Ford say that about the Blazers??

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who the **** are you and why do we care?

10. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

If you didnt *&^^%$ care... then why waste your time to respond

11. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

Omg. this isn't even funny. you're an ******* if you made this up:mad::mad::mad:

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'll write this down.

13. delishman

delishman Member

LOLatyou my friend.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Because you're a goober.

And I care a lot... April Fools.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm so glad.

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this thread's a joke (non - april foolz)

17. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

sigh SMH

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Who is LOLatSoccer? Has he been saying enough bad stuff about Dragic that it has been noticeable? Is soccer really a laugh out loud sort of sport? I guess David Beckham's hardcore number of tattoos mixed with his rather weak delivery when he speaks is comical. So, maybe soccer is funny, but still, who is this rook and when did he say something controversial enough to apologize for? Did someone call him out? No, you say?

Welcome to the game, rook, enjoy your crow that no one is making you eat.

19. LOLatSoccer

LOLatSoccer Member

This is America.. im an American..

I laugh at soccer, because i find it funny to watch..

America is the home of the real game of football( NFL)..

So yea, thats the basis of my screename.. you are like the 5th person to ask me that

20. Convictedstupid

So I'm assuming Ford never said that.