1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ITT: Post as if it's June 23rd and the Rockets just gave the 5th pick to OKC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 12, 2021.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

meh who GAF. Is pick 1-4 from 2021 going to necessarily be better than top 5 pick next year (believe me, we will get one)? I don't know **** and neither does anybody.

Also, it's not like there's an owners draft regardless of what happens.

2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

It's better that way. We can finally move on. Only cry babies here refuse to do like Teddy Pendergrass said and Let it Go. It's over. Let's be bad. We can only get better from here. It's not like Harden won anything here to be missed anyway. One of a kind talent he just don't have that "it" factor. You can tell because he was quite as a mouse here but ass soon as he run up under KD he wants to talk trash. Hilarious.

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Because I've been saying this all year....He was leaving and actively hurting the Rockets on the way out. He knew Harden was gone. Westbrook trade was pointless if they were both leaving anyway. Nobody told Tilman so he made decisions with the knowledge that things could be fixed. They never were going to be fixed. Harden was never getting anyone of any significance here. Only his most die hard fans follow every move and account. No real ballers though.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Insert 'you get what you deserve' Joker movie gif.

5. dmoneybangbang

This is going to be a popular one....

Williamson likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

“I wish we could go back in time 2 years ago, pull one of those inception capers, and plant some sort of agape love for Chris Paul in Tilman’s dome.”

let’s face it. This all really started going down hill when we traded Chris Paul.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Its ok guys, We didmt get the 5th pick, or top 4. So lets take Miami pick now, and try to draft 3 guys in late 18-25 range who could possibly be a steal late in the draft. Hey look Porter was drafted 30th.

Anything is possible, and these 3 picks will help the future, and the top 4 might not be as good as Porter tbh.

9. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Top 4 pick or season tickets for the vipers!

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

yeah I dont know about that. Among high schoolers they both look plenty explosive. I deduce that with an NBA ready body the jump will be easier for Banchero. Im eager to see how they do at Gonzaga and Duke next year.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Same man, if Chet fills out, I don’t think there’s a wrong answer.
    Chet reminds me of Garnett and Paolo reminds me of Lebron-body type and movements. I know that’s high praise for both, it’s just how they move.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

laughs in tillmen

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I guess it comes down to a "Durant vs LeBron" type of discussion and how you see each player at an apex of a career. I hope they both succeed and HOU would be lucky to have either in a rebuild.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

If we land Cade it's all worth it. Last time I saw that polished rookie it was Luka(who had way more experience though)

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

banchero is definitely most lebron-esque player i've seen since.... lebron.

but plays more like luka in a lebron body (obviously without the same type of explosiveness). bron's jumper was super clunky coming out of high but just was one of the best athletes in the history of the game. pablo looks more fine tuned and under control. definitely fits the modern NBA build of being able to do it all.

#56 Bo6, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I can absolutely see that, don’t think he’s the type of athlete Lebron is but is a good athlete for his size and for the NBA.
    It’s weird to say but I think he has the higher floor over Chet, but Chet has the higher ceiling. Unicorn-esque

Bo6 likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If we get Cade, and we stink again next year (pretty certain of this) and we can get Paolo or Chet. Man that’s a quick rebuild.
    KPJ, Cade, Tate, KMJ, Wood, Paolo/Chet is a lot of young-younger talent.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When it happens, all I'll be able to say is...

"Totally deserve this outcome"

YOLO likes this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I see two options:

(1) it is an amazing pick and as a result, combined with KPJ, KMJ and Wood growth and health they are much improved next year, albeit not a playoff team, or

(2) it isn't necessarily better than a top 5 pick next year, in which case, you'd still like to have it AND a top 5 pick next year

Sure, there are options where all the picks are solid, but not Luka/Zion/Ja great, and getting one of those this year results in a maybe 7 or 8 pick next year that kind sucks especially if you could have gotten a top 3 pick next year... but i believe the saying is "a bird in the hand..."

In other words, we are where we are, we have as good odds as a top pick as ever, might as well hope to keep it.

As for Chet vs. Paolo, or any of the other top prospects... give me the other ones. Sure, Chet might fill out, become Rudy-esque defensively and as good or better offensively, but there's way more downside and that upside is like 7 years away, imo.