1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Very Simple: Get Romo or Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And I'm telling you that the Texans are unlikely to go far with the current QB core.

You can whine/cry about how they are the best options...and its foolish to try something else... but I'd suggest improving one of the weakest spots on the team (which happens to be the most important) would go a long way into turning a border-line playoff team into a border-line contender.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny, one year I'm accused of being a Schaub fan, then a Fitz fan, then a Keenum fan, then a Mallett fan, then an Osweiler fan all because I try to talk some sense into Texans fans.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ironic that you don't see the pattern in your own thinking/reasoning...

raining threes likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay. So then don't watch. If you can't cope with the reality of the team then it's not my problem. I can just try to tell you how it is going to be.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The pattern is that I keep talking to Texans fans who don't like hearing things as they are so they lash out in very predictable ways.

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I don't see O'Brien and Romo working well together. I feel like O'Brien is too much of a control freak.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Mr. Motiejunas

Its gonna be Romo. Deep down you all know this.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The savior?

J.R. likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'd consider signing McCown as well. He's better than Osweiler.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  11. raining threes

So you roll with whatever mgmt. throws out there at QB and are content?

I notice you didn't address the 1st part of my post.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

As they are?

So, you're content where they are? Content with Brock? As you were with Mallet? And Fitz?

Oh yeah... its foolish to expect them to try and be better.

For the record, I was on board with not needing super-elite QB play to win it all. I defended the decision to keep Schaub, was pleased that BOB got Fitz to play the best football of his life, was thrilled when Mallet looked the part for all of one game, and gave Brock every benefit of the doubt.

I'm still ok with getting an average to above average game manager, and taking a chance with this defense.

But when you get god-awful, league-worst, (BTG-like) QB play... and after 16+ games, you expect something "different" just because... a line has to be drawn somewhere. Oh yeah, you'll respond with "well, technically it wasn't league worst..."

He was as bad a QB that the Texans have ever trotted out there.... David Carr, Dave Ragone, Tony Banks, Drew Henson, and Case Keenum included.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Being content or being a malcontent won't change the way things are. That's just something you have to accept. Anyway, maybe you just like whining and if that's the case, knock yourself out.

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

This could be said about all the conversations that are had on this forum, though. By that logic it's pointless to even discuss anything since as fans we have no control over what these front offices do, nor the outcome of games or how well the teams perform.

I don't really think its fair to label fans as whiners just because they would like to see the team improve. You have your opinions on stuff and you stick to your guns, others have different opinions than you and stick to theirs. I wouldn't label either side as being a whiner, though. Just difference of opinion is all.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Your blind defending of the league's worst starting QB is the most obnoxious happening on this BBS at the moment.

Even the most ardent Texans homers admit that they need to upgrade from Brock... I really think you're so jaded in your beliefs, you honestly can't fathom that improved QB play from an acquisition is not only possible, its mandatory for this team to have any chance of getting further than they currently are.

raining threes likes this.
  16. raining threes

So your not good with FANS pointing out the decade and a half worth of failures by the McNair's. Well, this just in FANS like to talk about this kinda stuff, whether the McNair's change the way they do business or not. (The McNair's aren't going to change they're making too much money.)

Do you even care about the state of the Texans? Or do you just like to waste your time?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, well it looks like it's going to be a LONG off-season till reality hits.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The reality that Brock is not good at being an NFL QB hit quite some time ago.

If you want to "hope" that he continues to get better, as you put it, your delusion will not be shared by many.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hoping that he gets better isn't delusional though....it's just hoping for the best. Talking about Romo or Jimmy G when there's no chance whatsoever that either play in Houston next season is pretty delusional. Like I've said time and time again, I'm just being realistic and talking about the team that we're gonna have.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

When you've seen Brock play... and you've seen others play... and you still hope/think/wish he can be better, THAT is delusion!

This may just be the saddest post of the year thus far...