1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's tough to be LeBron's teammates

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by goodbug, May 14, 2010.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

omg

using my advanced statistical sybermetrical-Aristotelian-Martian methods I have come to the same conclusion to one KOBE BRYANT

the stats...they don't lie.

Ron Artest

HOU-17.1 PPG
    LAL-11.0 PPG

Trevor Ariza
    LAL-8.9 PPG
    HOU-14.9 PPG

based on this, it can be assumed that Kobe has an effect of AROUND 6 LESS PPG for brick-shooting swingmen.

I can only conclude that he is a black hole of hatred and ball-stealing. Also, these stats scientifically prove Kobe makes baby Jesus cry and perhaps is the reason why such things as VANILLA ICE STILL TORMENT THE WORLD TODAY.

GRAH!

2 people like this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Oh. Well both LeBron James and Kobe Bryant were on the 2009 All NBA First Team last year. Therefore LeBron James is just as good as Kobe Bryant.

So ... uh ... I'm sorry, what's your point again?

3. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Ariza was rot on Magic bench before traded to Lakers. He might not get the next contract and definitely not MLE had he not been traded.

Ron wasn't signed to be the 2nd option, he's the 4th option at best. He knew his role and he did it well.

Same thing can't be said for Mo, Jamison, Shaq, Hughes. They were all signed to be the Robin and they all ended up no where close to that.

4. goodbug

That's not the point, if someone on a lottery team can make 3rd team last year, let's call him quality support, not crap some LBJ fans made him into after losing a series.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

goodbug loves the Cavs roster so much, I'm sure he's willing to trade Gasol for Shaq.

AND I'll throw in Mo Williams. He was an all-star last year! (After he backed into it when everyone else was injured.) Basically Kobe and Lebron trade sidekicks PLUS you get Shaq! Two awesome sidekicks for the price of one!

LBJ was holding them back. Kobe will give them the ability to shine again. That's an automatic NBA championship right there.

6. durvasa

I'm willing to refer to Shaq as "quality support", even as the oldest player in the league and of blubbery proportions. I think he's still better than most NBA centers.

But he's not close to Gasol, and the question that was asked was who the Cavs brought in that was that caliber of player. The simple fact is they've never brought in that kind of player.

Gasol is one of the top 3 players at his position. Even if Shaq was still a top 3 center (he clearly isn't), there's a world of difference in the current NBA between being a top 3 PF and a top 3 C.

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Shaq is fat now.

8. goodbug

Before Gasol was traded to Lakers. He had one all star appearance. Zero all NBA team appearance. And you wanted to say he's top 3 players in his position?

He looks good because he's in Lakers and Kobe takes pressure off him. Had he not been traded, he's not any better than Brand of Clippers for what he had achieved.

9. durvasa

I did not say that. He has been a top 3 player at his position since joining the Lakers, a team who's system has fit him like a glove. But he was a very good player before joining the Lakers. Why do you think everyone called it such a steal as soon as the deal was made? In terms of post skills for a big man, it was Duncan, Yao, and then Gasol. You add a skilled post player entering his prime with great passing ability and an excellent feel for the game to Phil Jackson's triple post offense, and you can expect great results.

I thought LeBron would be good enough the last couple of years to come out of the East and possibly win a championship without a talent like Gasol next to him. I thought the Cavs' formula could carry over from the regular season to the playoffs. Frankly, I overestimated his abilities. He either needs to add a better pullup/midrange game (like Kobe's or Wade's), to his arsenal, or he needs a strong #2 he can play off of from time to time (like Kobe and Wade, in their championship runs). I'd like to see what he can do with a post player like Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudamire next to him.

#29 durvasa, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

are you disputing my indisputable stats?

TSK TSK

also, according to your theory, there are currently three Robins for Lebron's Batman. if memory serves, the real Batman has only one.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I bet Gary Payton, Karl Malone, Horace Grant's numbers looked real good after joining Kobe.
    We're going to give Kobe credit for Caron Butler tearing it up after he left the Lakers.

12. goodbug

Butler had his best career number up to that point in Lakers although he stayed there for only one year. He continued to get better afterward, and he also publicly declared training with Kobe helped him a lot. That's the same story told by Ariza.

Show me the counter part from LeBron's teammates and you have a point.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

goodbug, they do not award MVPs to players who are "tough" to play with. they usually give the MVP who "help" their team. one time may be a mistake. but lebron james is a 2-time MVP award winner.

are you DD or something? this is the same exact argument he used against tmac lol.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did anyone watch the games? It's not like Mo Williams wasn't getting easy shots. Lebron can't put the ball in the basket for them...

15. clippy

clippy Member

Maybe you should spend your time in ESL classes instead of posting, you delusional Faker fan.

1 person likes this.
  16. goodbug

I wouldn't say they made mistake, it's called REGULAR season MVP for a reason and great players thrive in playoff.

And if MVP's often cited for "making teammates better", one shouldn't get it and stab his teammates in the back for "them being crap". Just find the way to keep them performing at the same level, and if LeBron cannot, it's a leadership problem.

LeBron does play the way AI and TMac(of Magic) did. Same style, same team composition, only LeBron's more efficient due to his freak body and arguably has better support. Unfortunately, he didn't achieve anything better than AI either. His playoff record against 50 win team is 1-5 to date. He's lucky enough to have a good series when eastern conference was at its weakest.

17. goodbug

Maybe you should learn to find some facts to back up your claim rather than cursing like a sissy.

18. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Yeah, I think this idea that Lebron doesn't make his team better is pretty delusional.

However, this myth that Lebron plays with scrubs needs to be debunked. He doesn't have another All-star on his team perhaps, but that team has some talent.

And by the way, I hate this "If you took Lebron off their team..." argument. If you take the best player on your team off the team. It's very unlikely the result is a playoff contender. I think the only exceptions to the rule were the Rockets when we made the 2nd round (we had Yao, McGrady and Artest that year though), and the Lakers. I'd think Gasol, Bynum, Artest and Odom would be enough to make the playoffs, but they wouldn't win anything.

19. clippy

clippy Member

I just suggested you take an ESL class since by your thousands of posts it's obvious you don't speak English very well. Probably your time could be better spent, is all.

20. clippy

clippy Member

If you want an argument, just answer the question: would you trade the Lakers' roster (sans Kobe) for the Cavs' roster (sans LeBron). Of course you wouldn't. Thus, without equal teammates, you can't compare their postseason results. Kobe has always had a stacked team outside of three years in which he went lotto, 1st round, 1st round... basically what every other top swingman has done without a stacked team (although LeBron did manage to take an equal band of scrubs to the Finals, so that's pretty impressive).