1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

it's time to trade Boki

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charvo, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Charvo

Charvo Member

He does not deserve to be getting DNP coach's decisions in his 3rd year. I believe Mike D'Antoni has a very high opinion of Boki judging from his quotes. The Suns are now in rebuilding mode, and I believe they might deal Shawn Marion if they are going to cut payroll again. That means the small forward spot will be open. The Suns might give a conditional 1st round draft pick for Boki. Adrian Griffin is going to come back sometime soon. Charlie Ward might come on board. There will not be room for Boki on the roster. It's time to deal.

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

You've got to be kidding ... there's no way that Phoenix would move Marion, especially for Boki ... but, if they would, I'd do that trade in a heart beat, and throw in all the draft picks they want. We'd be set.

3. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

I like boki, that's why i would say that your idea is not bad, he deserves playing time, and for some reason, he is not getting it here, i think pike should earn his minutes not just come in and automatically get boki's minutes, boki hustles a lot, he is a good player and he will be a star in the NBA, but he has to get playing time, and if he doesn't get it here, he will get minutes elsewhere.

4. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

Yeah he deserves to have some mins, but I don't want Boki to leave :(

5. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I believe he was saying the Suns trade Marion for somebody else, and they trade a conditional first round pick for Nachbar. We wouldn't be getting Marion out of the deal, nor would we be giving up any draft picks.

6. montelwilliams

Poor Boki.

7. fietguy

fietguy Member

Look guys we have to stop with the "oh they will never trade their star for one of our scrubs" attitude...

after hearing about NY coupe of Marbury, is an example that lots of trades out there can turn out lobsided even from the start...

marion for boki, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and say, an alton ford...

a lot of it can depend on how smart our GM is...

8. Charvo

Charvo Member

I'm not saying the Rockets pick up Marion, but Marion makes something around $12 million a year. The Suns may be looking at cheaper options at the small forward spot. Boki played for the Suns' coach in Italy.

9. sup123

sup123 Member

isnt marion under a 40% shotter?

10. Charvo

Charvo Member

I like Boki's game too, and I think he has a lot more to offer the team. However, I don't think he's a Van Gundy-type player. The number of minutes he is getting is just abysmal. I'd be very upset if I were him. The roster currently has 12 players with Alton Ford, Weatherspoon, and Padgett being the fringe players. Adrian Griffin is coming back eventually. The Rockets might sign Charlie Ward after the Suns waive him. That means 2 guys have to go. Maybe Alton Ford gets put on the injury list. That means 1 more player has to go. Weatherspoon makes too much just to cut. I also think he is a Van Gundy-type player. I'd keep Padgett. I think he's a nice backup in the frontcourt if there is a lot of foul trouble. Boki is really the guy outside looking in. If he goes to Phoenix, he will be reunited with his coach from Italy. There's no doubt, his game will be revived. He'll be happy, and the Rockets should be able to get a draft pick out of it.

11. mingboki

mingboki Member

nope. The suns are going to put caparkapa at sf. They are going to be freaking awsome next year. Barbosa is a stud and so is caparkapa. Then you got all that cap space to spend on Boozer or Kobe or Wallace. Being ahead of them was fun while it lasted.

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

so youre all basically saying that he is done with this team and even though we have time to keep him on the bench we shouldnt because he wont develop into a good player.....

and to say that phoenix will be even as good as us is r****ded. no one will sign. theyll overpay for mediocre players. im sure kobe wants to jet to sunny arizona to play with amare.... it just makes sense.... doesnt it.....

ha on second thought i would trade boki for a 1st round pick from phoenix bc its guarenteed top 10 with their team thats clearly better than us next year...

but yeah we should keep boki bc this aint neverland. he aint peter frickin pan and all kids grow up someday. or something.

13. lalala902102001

I agree that we should trade Boki while he still has some trade values.

14. tslee98

tslee98 Contributing Member

Boki was a first rounder. He's a legit Euro player. He deserves a shot. But we can't focus on just Phoenix as an option. That's not realistic and it's far too limiting.

But just as the Knicks included Maciej Lampe in the package to Phoenix, the most likely trade scenario involving Boki will be a multi-player deal. Hopefully it'll be a blockbuster like the one that went down today.

15. HAYJON02

well yeah who wouldnt want marion. i think hes overpayed if hes a max player.

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Unfortunately, Boki's trade value is just above Weatherspoons. But I would like to see him get more showcase PT. At least give him some minutes in the final minutes of a game that is over.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

This is his 2nd year

18. HAYJON02

the thing is that we dont get involved in blowouts often. last night was closer than the score shows. they were within 9 when rocket killer van exel came in. you want to put boki in the game now?!?! nah they scored easy at the end with their solid starting rotation. whoops except mo but we can call him a game finisher really. hes got to be shooting 50% and is the most reliable scorer because his moves are more efficient than a good guards.

but yeah bokis not done yet. hes like an oven pizza. how you gonna eat your developmental european pizza half done. the box says 25 minutes. and by the way i dont condone canibalism or any -ism for that matter.

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I think somebody had one too many donuts this morning...

20. markman

markman Member

i dont know but i hope boki gets a chance to play here or with someone else. at the start of the season, JVG had him in the rotation but was quickly put at the end of the bench. i like his shooting and he has a decent game.

good luck boki