1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to take the pulse of Clutch Fans - what will the ping pong balls say about the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, May 15, 2023.

?

Where will the Rockets land?

1. 1 - Victory

58 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. 2- Scoot Over

24 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. 3- Miller Time

9 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. 4

25 vote(s)
    17.0%
  5. 5

15 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. 6

16 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

will look tonite, but taking in account JR's profilic posting it might be hard to find :D

Yung-T likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fakers FT disparity since the allstar break is not evidence? lol

3. xaos

xaos Member

It's in the fate of the ping pong balls

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

evidence of bad refs? Hell, I’ll even give you that it could be evidence of another degenerate ref with a gambling problem. That’s not the same as rigging the NBA lotto.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bad refs who all give one specific team 3-4x as many FT attempts? during the season i posted a list of 10 consecutive games where that happened for the fakers

the lotto is even easier to rig, it's all behind closed doors w/ the same smiley MFers who sign off on **** like FTX doing the alleged audit lol

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I guess the Spurs will get the 1st pick. For the Rockets, NBA will send the loser Harden back to Houston.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

I just can't imagine the NBA letting Victor fall to a franchise and city like Detroit, Charlotte, Washington, Indiana.

I'm worried about SA, Dallas and even Portland and the darkhorse=New Orleans. French megastar in NO? Orlando i can see. I just don't see the appeal for any of those vs Houston. Dallas would have to jump a ton and the NBA would have to talk about tanking if Dallas wins the lottery. It would be a lot of negative press, but negative press is still good press.

Look, if we don't get him and we're at 2 or 3, i'm fine. I'll be sad, but i know Scoot, Miller and even the twins look intriguing and i'm open to a trade for an All Star with that pick. If we drop further and or if Wemby lands in our division? I'm playing Russian Roulette the rest of the night with a bottle of the cheapest tequila i can find and watching some really weird pron.

Dobbizzle and RustyHarden like this.
  8. conquistador#11

The devil is alive, I feel him breathin'
    Claiming money is the key, so keep on dreamin'
    And put them lottery tickets just to tease us

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

More easily explained by the league making a decision to referee the game according to the rules, especially when it comes to illegal screens, Golden State's bread and butter during their dynasty run.

Kerr whined about the refs calling too many illegal screens and how it took the Warriors out of their game (which, it follows, must be based on illegal screens, a fact that the rest of the NBA world knew years ago).

burlesk likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

"They only had xy% chance but got the first pick" isn't really a sound argument, not sure that person analyzed other drafts or simple statistics. :oops:

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/lottery_results/2022

If you check sites like this that show the pick odds for every draft of recent years, you'll constantly see teams with less than 10% odds ending up at a top spot, and many of them not being important franchises or preferred ones (check how often LA, Boston, Knicks etc miss out and get shafted in the draft).

If we just go by mathematical odds, the Rockets also outperformed their odds by getting #2 and #3 in the last two years, yet ppl are saying we got shafted because they only look at the #1 pick.

I get that it it seems fishy when a new owner gets the #1 pick on bad odds (Pelicans on 14%), but when the author then conveniently doesn't mention how the majority of #1 picks the years before had even worse odds, it's really biased analysis.

You can have conspiracies or think the league is rigging somehow in certain drafts (but somehow not in others and shafting bigger franchises), but the statistical analysis doesn't really help when there are so many outliers based on the smaller sample size of just having an annual lottery.

11. jogo

jogo Member

I think it's 2 or 3. And I don't really want Scoot or Miller. Maybe we can trade it. That's a pretty hot take.

12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fakers getting obscene FT disparity since the all star break literally every game, well before meeting the illegal screen b!tches

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the 2019 draft was indisputably rigged. the league trying to move AD to the fakers all season long and then *coincidentally* both pels and fakers smash the draft odds in order to push the trade thru

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I will be utterly thrilled to eat crow here, but I think the 44% of y'all that voted #1 are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're crazy if you don't want scoot.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We're getting 5 or 6. Adam Silver bout to phone it in. I see it!!!

burlesk and BMoney like this.
  18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

5 is the highest probability. Cam Whitmore szn.

burlesk likes this.
  19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Wemby with Jabari and Green is stupid.

Won't happen.