1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Time to Stop Overlooking Dwight Howard's Resurgence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Icehouse, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Here is a nice nugget.

#1 Icehouse, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. Little General

Maybe quote the article cus some doesn't like to give bleacherreport pageviews. Not me though.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Done. The link has videos and stat comparison on it though.

4. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Ideally he'd also get some practice scoring in the clutch in preparation for the playoffs, just like Harden in the last few games and Lin last game. Parsons is already a big-game player, so give Dwight that confidence boost as a late-game reliable scoring option and we'll roll in the post-season.

But really, Dwight's play this season has surpassed my expectations - only one handful of players score and defend as well as he does

5. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Really good read, thanks

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't see the Rockets throwing the ball to the low post in the final couple of minutes of games, because Dwight is such a poor free throw shooter. Teams will just foul Dwight and put him on the line. I'd rather watch Harden do what he does.

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

You're right that they can just foul him, but since we have a good low post player we may as well try to develop that back up to perimeter scoring. Dwight shouldered some of the clutch scoring in his 2009 finals trip (although the shooters on that team were clutch too), so I think he can do it again.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

PNR is what we should at the end of games which is what has been happening with Harden and Howard.

9. hltiki

hltiki Member

positive post by BR = good read

negative post by BR = BR is **** and doesnt deserve attention...

But good read though... lol

10. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

So Parsons is a defensive sieve now?

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I love the wrinkle that they've added where Dwight gets the ball out around the three point line and Harden posts up out in space near the elbow. Then DH passes it to Harden and rolls down toward the baseline and to the rim. Been waiting on that type of two man game for a LONNNG time.

It's unguardable. Harden can spin inside and look for DH for an alley, look to score or draw a foul, or dish it out if he gets doubled. Or he can shoot the mid range jumper/fadeaway while DH is charging towards the rim. I have a feeling that we'll be watching this kill teams in the clutch for years to come.

12. Remlap

Remlap Member