1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

To give him some credit, without bothering to google it, but I reckon 8 assists us a career high for him. Scoring wise, Green is always going to be a streaker scorer and can't be counted on as a consistent source of points any time soon.

invocux likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am still sure he is not a good value so trading him would only resuilt in Rockets either having to attach an asset to him or Rockets getting crap back.....

It would defeat the purpose.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8 assists does not mean squat when the team is performing really bad and your shooting guard is probably not helping much.

If it is not for Sengun and some FVV, this game is toast.

Melik likes this.
  4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I'm not a fan of Green at all but we rag on him for not doing anything if his shot isn't falling so at least in that regards, it was an improvement.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wait why wouldn't 8 asssits and 2 turnovers not help the team?

Green and Sengun played similar minutes and Green had a higher +/- this game. What's wrong with you? Sengun did his thing to carry the team at the end but Green was a large part in keeping the game close till end of regulation.

Can you elaborate with some nuance why the assists didn't help? Do you grasp enough of the English language to explain this premise of yours with some detail here?

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But dumping to Sengun is not real assists for me.....so FVV assist rate is also inflated.....

• Sengun is pretty automatic when his hook shots are on and it is pretty much assist padding.
    • I mean yeah you could say our guards improved because they acknowledge Alpe now but in reality it is just milking the cow....
    • The same is dumping to Jabari when you see he has the hot hand.......

7. fchowd0311

Dumping it into Sengun wouldn't be an assists. It only is an assist if he's rolling or Green drops it to him right in the paint for a open dunk.

BigMaloe likes this.
  8. Melik

Melik Member

Continue to satisfy yourself with these absurd thoughts. You know the truth, my friend.

9. Melik

Melik Member

What if he doesn't speak English well? Does he have to speak English well? He may not be American or British. Does he have to write or speak like a native speaker? Does he have to pay attention to grammar?

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

What are you asking me? No idea what you mean.

11. fchowd0311

I mean I assume he has to improve it because he seems to only be able to type single vague sentences with no nuance. Ask him if its a English barrier thing or laziness.

12. Melik

Melik Member

You're making up your own mind. You wrote your opinion in your previous comment. Now give your opinion. Did I say something bad to you?

13. Melik

Melik Member

Please stop insulting people who are trying to express themselves as much as possible. but it's okay, man. Just don't write like that. Let's just not be hurtful to each other.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

I don't mind being rude to that dude. He's the superficial type that makes fun of people for things like painted nails. I'm not ashamed to make fun of his inability to express things in a complex manner which I think is more deserving to make fun of especially when they are petty like that.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let him, Green Only Fans are grasping at their last straws, I hope Jalen Green turns out to be at least a good starter on some other team.

16. Melik

Melik Member

If he wrote such a comment about painted nails, it's a very bad thing.I paint my nails black and I make myself look incredibly good.I understand your sensitivity. I agree. Let's keep writing opinions about the game:)

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Painted nail was the other guy, you idiot.....a guy named New Age.

I do not expect otherwise from someone who has the memory of a gold fish and who cannot tell one poster from another.

I am a fair guy, rude only to those who are Only fans and masquerading as true Rocket fans......just phony arse people.

You are phony guy who thinks he is deep, no, you are not deep at all.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Improving his all-around game is great to see. Back to back 6+ assists games for the first time in his career tonight.

BigMaloe and BaselineFade like this.
  19. fchowd0311

Hey tone down your language.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is going to be great. imagine tearing down a 21-year-old because he isn't a 26-year-old at his peak