1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

Stone not saying anything of note, as usual. But he's wrong. Jalen absolutely should be singled out. We are a solid Jalen away from being top 4 in the west so far, and when the team is playing so well, the eyesore of his games is even more glaring.

I was one of his biggest believers, but it's hard to keep believing in him when he keeps stinking it up. I don't know what happened to him, but he looks a couple of steps slow and is somehow even weaker than before. For all the workout videos and summer hype, he seems to have regressed in almost every metric, which is hugely dissapointing.

It's mental with him IMO, he can't seem to find a way to break out of his slump. He gets plenty of shots, so it isn't like he's getting isoed out there. I'm starting to trend into the "trade him" camp, but I think trading him this season isn't a smart idea. His value is at his lowest right now, and I don't think he can somehow shoot even worse and play even worse the rest of the season. Ride him out this season, and keep his minutes down if he continues to stink it up. Trade him in the summer.

2. NewAge

NewAge Member

thanks, so I am not the only one who thinks he’s a bit slower and less explosive this year. I think he’s put-up some upper body mass and that has slowed him.

Losmi_34 likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Not surprised that the GM is supporting his own pick but what does surprise me is Ime always sounds like he believes in Jalen to figure it out.

#1243 Mathloom, Dec 25, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
    Ancient Moabite likes this.
  4. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

IMO it's pretty obvious he's not himself athletically. It's not just jumping, he can't seem to get by anyone unless he has a runway. His p'n'r movement is also slow, he stands around instead of cutting or moving. Maybe it's extra mass, but then again if he bulked up so much that it affected his movements, he would be stronger. But he isn't.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You should reconsider.

Anfernee Simons will never be a two-way player, but he is on the way to superstardom. His contract is an absolute bargain. He would instantly take the Rockets' offense to another level. I dare say the offense would become elite in short order.

Does anyone else here realize how good Simons is? IMO, there is no better fit at SG for the Rockets. He's already better than what we wanted JG to become and I believe he still has one more gear to shift.

The price would be too high, but it's a nice pipedream.

NewAge likes this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It would take more than Jalen to get that deal done.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I would trade Green and some sweeteners for Simons. Simons is the kind of scoring SG what we hope Green can become. If Udoka can get Green to play defense, he will likely be able to do similar with Simons.

8. VoR

VoR Member

All of you clowns don't realize that Green would be putting up the same numbers if he was in trashy ass Portland. The grass is greener syndrome is strong on this thread.

And with that, I am done with this board for awhile. Y'all are ruining the fun of the game for me. There are definitely some good members, but the shitty ass whiners are too hard to deal with. Peace.

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I guess I didn’t realize Simons is averaging like 27 ppg on a .6 TS% and shooting .4 from 3. Those are really impressive numbers.

Easy likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

63 pages and ongoing, this shows people are putting thoughts into it.....I am sure when this thread started people were furious about it.....now not as much.

JayGoogle and Easy like this.
  11. NewAge

NewAge Member

Not sure Simons is available, TBH… Neither is Mitchell, that;s just some NY rumor-mongering…

Potentially available All-Star guards: LaVine, D-Lo, Westbrook. These three would be an upgrade over the Jalen Green of the past 20+ games, but they have baggage. Jalen may not be star material, but seems like pretty low maintenance as a teammate.

Corrosion likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Huh. Westbrick and upgrade dont correlate. You’re like a decade behind

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

Russ was playing well before the Harden trade… However, I was just throwing his name as a potentially available All-Star. I’m neither advocating for him, nor I think FO would consider it.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

False. And he is no where close to being a current all star. Like I said you’re just way behind. He was trash when they traded for him

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I like that both coach and GM are supporting Green for a couple of reasons.

First: you want to be honest and still be positive with a guy that has potential to break out. If they truly believe Jalen has that potential, I’m good with their approach and handling of JG.

Second: if they feel like he is NOT the guy, I’m still putting positive info out in the media to keep him built up as much as possible. If they think they may trade him at some point, do they want negativity of any kind surrounding Jalen?

Corrosion, Mathloom and jim1961 like this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think that with Jalen, I just don’t see him improving his field goal percentages anytime soon. Last year when Smith was missing shots, I still felt pretty good about it because the form on his jump-shot is so compact and consistent.

so much inconsistency in form from Jalen. Not only in shot mechanics but in his jump.

cdxiong likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jalen Green Shot has no rotation and spin when he shoots compared to Fred VanVleet has rotation and spin on his 3s.

A shooting Coach on the Rockets I think should recognize it on highlights and tell it to Jalen. It is sad to see the Rockets Coaches not helping.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ben Sullivan is considered one of the better shooting coaches out there.

Maybe, just maybe, Jalen Green simply isn’t good

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He's only added a few lbs of weight. It's not like he's Zion level bulky.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Not too many new ones in a while.
    Mostly regurgitation.