1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Yes exactly! Its almost a basketball culture problem more than anything else.

MadMax likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

That's a good analogy. It is true that most lottery picks are raw in the ways Jalen is. To me though, he's to raw in some areas to the point where it is less of a coaching problem and more of a Jalen problem.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Amen only missed 19 games so far. If no more injuries happen to him, he will likely play more than half a season. There are many examples when a rookie missed a whole season and came back a star (Griffin Embiid, and Chet, just on top of my head). Injury is not failure unless it cut the player's career short.

4. Evans32

Evans32 Member

Rockets should do this 4 team trade!

Rockets: Mitchell,Cam Johnson, Rubio, Jones, Bol
    Suns: FVV, Landale
    Cavs: Beal, Green
    Nets: Levert,Amen,Bullock

Mitchell/Rubio
    Brooks/Holiday
    Cam Johnson/Tate/Whitmore
    Smith/Tari/Bol
    Sengun/Jeff Green/Jones

#1064 Evans32, Dec 20, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2023
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It really doesn't even matter if Amen plays or not because he isn't going to touch the ball in either circumstance. The Rockets have made that abundantly clear.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jalen Green, Jock Landale

for

Kelly Olynyk, Ochai Agbaji, Minny 2025 1st (lotto protected)

Do it.

tycoonchip likes this.
  9. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Jalen Green for Bogdanovic.

robbie380 and clutchdabear like this.
  10. invocux

invocux Member

His time is up.

Crashlanded19 and MoochiSmoochi like this.
  11. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I'd be against moving him because his stocks are as low as it gets. Post all star break, Green normally picks it up as most teams are tanking or resting their stars for playoffs so I'd trade him in the offseason.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mentioned this in another Jalen thread, maybe this one but...

If Jalen can't hit these mid range shots then he's a projected 6th man at best.

Right now his role on a contending team would exactly be that, a scoring punch off the bench that you take out the moment he stops hitting shots.

That midrange shot HAS to be money for him or else teams will just sink into the paint and let him have it which again since he's not a deadeye shooter really makes him easy to defend.

I don't mind him taking these shots because he HAS to to threaten the defender that if they don't stay up on him he'll just drain the midrange shot..

13. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

It’s his contract year so we can’t trade him unless we sign him for rookie extension or match whatever he gets from the other team. As of now he’s gonna get close to $80~$100 mil for 4yr extension which seems high but that’s the usual going price for starter role player extension

14. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to how contracts work but I thought that his contract ends at the conclusion of his 4th year so we could trade him at the end of this season and still get compensation.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Early extension is this offseason and great players get that before starting 4th season but I don’t know where Jalen is at this point. He is more of Marvin Bagley than Ayton at this point.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How is Jalen Green, clearly a bad scorer, going to excel at the most inefficient shot in basketball?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

IDGAF about how inefficient the shot is man. We had this convo about Harden, the value of that shot is not about how inefficient it is, it's about how predictable a player becomes without it. Harden got away with being that predictable because he was crafty and a far better shooter any ways. Jalen won't get away with it with his shooting ability.

He's going to excel at by getting better. I don't mean to be aggressive but you act like players can't improve when nearly every superstar player came in the league with massive holes in their game and improved drastically on their weak areas or where they needed to improve.

Jalen simply has to become a better shooter, it's not impossible at all for him to improve his shooting ability.

anthony59237 likes this.
  18. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

This dumb ass argument loses all validity when you consider Sengun got better in every season he has been a Rocket. Green has made Green a bad player because he never cared enough about the game to actually practice skills that translate to consistent play that matches his athleticism. He's finally surrounded by real NBA rotational players and he's pumping out shitty game after shitty game.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Comparing James Harden adding a mid range to add versatility is in no way comparable to Jalen Green adding a mid range despite being below average at virtually every scoring metric. Jalen of ALL people has to worry about how efficient a shot is BECAUSE of how bad he is at shooting. Jalen gets plenty of mid range shots up right now, especially for somebody as bad as him. He just isn’t good at them.

And no, it’s not impossible for him to improve his shooting. But it’s also incredibly unlikely. 3 years now of inefficient shooting and funky mechanics. At some point you have to just recognize the reality of the situation with him and start limiting his minutes/shot attempts instead of compounding the issue.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

LMAO

I remember being branded a hater because I knew that he wasn’t 6’6.