1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Solid analytics here. There may just be a job for you in the front office.

2. cumutk

cumutk Member

Are you idiot?

napalm06 likes this.
  3. invocux

invocux Member

He played good tonight

4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He needs to string together an extended stretch of good games and hopefully we can then put this thread to rest for now

anthony59237 likes this.
  5. invocux

invocux Member

I came to the realization that he should be given the lesser role to shine. When his usage increases he tries to do to much and his efficiency tanks. A bad shooter can't be the n.1 option.

Roomba and roslolian like this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I thought he played well tonight, and should have gotten more minutes (same as Alpi).

Carpe82 and Believe It! like this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We seemed to have shied away from Green shooting the ball at all in the fourth. I think he only shot the ball once and it was pretty much when the game was already over. He's like the 5th option in crunch time

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. MystikArkitect

Ime is building him back up. Same with Jabari. You can see them learning how to get their shots off. Really happy with both of them today.

9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I’d rather him get less shots and learn how to be more efficient first—THEN ramp up his shooting attempts (unless he’s hot in which case, shoot away). This third season maybe hasn’t been the explosion a lot of us wanted, but it’s undeniable that he’s learning and already starting to build better habits

BaselineFade, fattz, Mathloom and 2 others like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is worked in within the flow of the Offense so you probably see few 30 point games or higher......if at all.

In case he has the hot shooting hand.

11. New Jack

New Jack Member

I like that floater in the lane that he was hitting this game. He should take that shot more often rather than forcing it into the congested paint area

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

He only played 3mins, hard to shoot more than 1 possession.

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Have you watched any of the last few games including tonight?

14. MystikArkitect

Jalen could average 25+ right now. Easily. But we'd be like 6-14. It's gotten easier to watch him as I've understood that he's playing controlled and within his means instead of YOLO like Cade Cunningham or Trae Young who average more on shitty shot selection and high usage.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I’ve only discussed players you brought up. You aren’t wasting my time anymore with your trolling - hiding your post. What a trash poster you are…

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Trae Young at least has lead a team to the EC Finals and at a fairly young age, but yep, without shooting Trae Young is also nothing much...

Shows you how important is to have a very good to elite skill that you can go to at any time......

17. VoR

VoR Member

If only Jalen would have scored 35 points and not let Dame score 39 points. Oh wait, that was the UDFA we are paying $42 million for.

18. fattz

fattz Member

If he was to take that I would be one of his biggest cheerleaders. (I am 300#)

19. marinara

marinara Member

Only watched the first half and bit of the 3rd but was impressed with his passing with Sengun in the PNR

Carpe82 and plegus like this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yawn.

Say it with me now, slowly.

Fred. Van. Vleet. Is. NOT. Getting. Paid. To. Outperform. Star. Point Guards.

He. IS. Getting. Paid. To. Completely. Erase. Every. Single. Wretched. Bit. Of. Stench. From. Jalen. Green's. Game. He. Learnt. From. Head. Clown.