1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

He has at least 18 games of BBIQ under Ime! BBIQ is a skill, not the intelligence you naturally were born with. Our youngsters are so lucky to play under a great coach at 21-year old or younger. They will all be beasts in 4-5 years!!! What's happening in Houston is unprecedented. These guys will be part of a legacy team, believe it or not!

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

To be selling low, you'd have to believe that his value goes up from here and there is no guarantee of that, in fact I'd have to say that it's not very likely as his value started much higher and his play is what has caused it to plummet to the current value.

It's little wonder that when Green plays well, the team has a very good chance of winning as the rest of the team has been fairly consistent and the defense has been very good.

Green doesn't have to play out of this world good for this team to win, all he has to do is not be bad.

That said, the last game against Denver may have been his best all around game of the season.
    If he can play like that regularly, his value improves.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His last game wasn't anywhere close to his best all around game of the season.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't really see how moving Tate, a guy who generally plays the 3 and 4 spots free's up minutes for Amen & Cam who are more 1 & 2.

Tate's been really good this year, he just does so many things that are positive and the improved 3 point shooting is a bonus.

I'd like to free up minutes for both those guys too but I just don't think that's going to make it happen - Amen started the season as the primary backup to FVV and Holiday has gotten those minutes along with most of the minutes behind Jalen. There've had a 3 guard rotation - FVV, Green & Holiday.

The majority of Cam's minutes are probably behind Green and maybe some as a 3 behind Brooks but the majority of those minutes are taken up by Tari who also gets some time behind Jabari.
    Cam just isn't going to see a whole lot of minutes unless there's an injury ... or he jumps ahead of Holiday in the rotation.
    I think Amen will get his minutes again as the primary backup to FVV with Holiday still getting the bulk of the time behind Green.

FVV averaging 38 minutes a game is a bit much, they need to cut back on that, so he's not worn down late in the season.

jim1961 likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I agree that Amen will take away some minutes from FVV, and thank God for that. Tate is averaging about 13 minutes a game. I believe Amen will begin to eat into those minutes as well. Maybe not right away, but he will play a lot of Point forward. I like Tate, but think he is about the only guy outside of our core that can be used in conjunction with FRP’s to make a meaningful trade. With a legit backup center, this team will be truly special.

jim1961 and OremLK like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Tate/Landale/2nd round pick = ???

I might include Aaron Holiday in the right deal also and he has increased his value recently.
    With Amen in the fold, we might could do this as well.

Whoever it is, the sooner the better.

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

imagine it being 2024 and still being emotionally bothered by dudes painting their nails.

it's interesting that people would prefer to someone who beats their spouse over one has showed nothing other than being a good teammate / person. a sobering reminder that old world "christian" values still run strong in the south.

further proves my point that people irrationally dislike green for reasons far beyond the basketball court.

subtomic and cbass like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is social tolerance and still able to say No to following these type of habits.

And KPJ also painted his nails, so there is actually only a few that were KPJ fans, I was not one of them.

You can be disliking both of them, both were poster children of Stephen Silas, obviously KPJ is sort of the criminal one, who is now gone.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think its less that and more that some folks just expect a number 2 pick to be successful, impactful and solid by his 3rd year.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think it breaks down into two parts.

What we accept in other peoples behavior and what we would do ourselves.
    I try to be allowing of what others do, but at the same time, some behavior are things I would never do myself.
    Sometimes, what other people are doing is revolting to me.

Corrosion likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is actually the fan bases that are repulsive to me and way worse than the object of their desires.

KPJ stans were horrible and the a big part of the Greenies are not that much better.

So what if CFers made trade proposals, whining about it is not making them go away.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I suppose several characterizations fit.
    For me, fans bases suffer from ignorance more than anything.
    But that ignorance breeds bad behavior often, for sure.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think the reason why Green is so divisive as a player among the fanbase is that there are two very opposite view of him despite the fact that neither side is actually wrong. This is essentially the glass half full vs. glass half view of Jalen Green. To me there's no point in this debate because it's been only 19 games in this new environment. So while he hasn't succeeded yet the way Sengun has, he's also not shown to be a clear failure yet either. He's just... in development.

One thing I will note is that he's playing decent good team defense right now. So even if he never lives up to all his offensive promise, he can still have a lesser role on a contending team. Perhaps in an Eric Gordon type of role. That is a useful player, but obviously disappointing result for a #2 pick.

Corrosion, fchowd0311 and Easy like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I get the psychology of hating a player because of his fans. But you have to see that it's really an irrational emotion and resist it. Same about hating a stance because of some extremists doing disgusting things for it. Every good cause has extremists. If you reject the cause because of that, then you don't have anything to stand for.

Corrosion, jim1961 and DaDakota like this.
  15. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

Nonsense thread. Unless a legit superstar is on the table, your don't move Jalen until he's on his second contract

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Green has been more consistent than many are asserting.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope. Each case is different though and everyone deals with toxicity his own way.

I already said i am at peace, that is the best state of mind now but his guys are even attacking that serenity.

It is me defending my serene domain.........those suckers don't even get that.

Hating a player takes too much energy, that would mean the guy is already a superstar.....

Easy likes this.
  18. a time to chill

I don't think the person who tweeted that really watches the games. Those stats don't account for efficiency and Jalen Green's performance from quarter to quarter. There were some games, like the most recent Golden State game, where he had a slow start and then had a great 3rd quarter to stat pad, but we were never really in that game.

Richie_Rich and Corrosion like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You can’t take anything said here personally, this is all just fun nonsense.

DD

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Evaluating a player based on "quarter to quarter" is absolutely absurd.

cbass and apollo33 like this.