1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to start thinking about moving Jalen before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 2, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

One thing I've noticed with Jalen last season compared to this season is ball security while dribbling and passing has been less secure this season than last season.

I think Jalen is a player his entire basketball career has constantly felt the ball in his hands that allowed him to generate rhythm and ball security and tightness with his handle.

I've noticed something about Green this season, when he has a hot start he feels more emboldened, confident and has more feel of the ball and starts going deeper into his bag and handle as it just looks tighter.

I think what we are seeing with Green now is a player adjusting to experiencing long stretches within the game of not feeling the ball and then all of a sudden asked to create. That is something he has to eventually get used to.

Green is a very rhythm and confidence dependent player at least now at his current stage. If he doesn't have a feel of the ball and isn't in a rhythm his entire game becomes effected in terms of the way he moves and how tight his handles become.

This is just from my laymen experience playing pick up ball. In the games where I touch the ball a lot, I just get a better feel of the ball and will be more confident with my handle but in pick up games where I'm just standing around watching other dudes, and all of sudden the ball ends up in my lap, my confidence and handle is nowhere near those in games where I feel the ball throughout the game.

#561 fchowd0311, Dec 9, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Other than the Brooklyn picks and maybe the starters, I do not see anything of much value to other teams.

Tate, Holiday, Uncle are all more valuable to a young team but to the older teams.....

Sengün with his small contract should be the one every normal IQ-d GM should want around the league.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think those three guys have value to a contending team that lacks depth like Denver or LA. They can still give you some solid bench minutes. But the value is fairly limited. Like second round picks, maybe the opportunity to swap first round picks (which probably wouldn't end up paying out).

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mentioned Sengün for someone who has probably sky rocketed his value to a max contract very early.

I felt he was near max at the end of the Silas era.....as well.

HardenReturns and OremLK like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Sounds emotional to me.... you disagree we don't need to panic but you also think he has little value? Seems classic sell low move.....

#565 dmoneybangbang, Dec 9, 2023
    cbass and Mathloom like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have no motive to be emotional about this dude, I am neither his fan nor do I gain anything like royalty from his trade.

Being a scorer is not a definition of good value in modern times, you need at least 2 elite skills to have a serious uptick on the market...

People around here have mentioned something alike, and don't give me first step and jumping high, those are physical talents and not skills.

I never panic, that is how I tick.. Ferntits might think differently... who knows how much say Udoker has with the front office.

#566 daywalker02, Dec 9, 2023
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Now that Jalen's Google Pixel spots have gone national it's time to think about trading in your old phone

8. dmoneybangbang

You have plenty of motive to be emotional...... Look at your Green posting history.... You literally want to sell low.

I just don't get you anti Green brigade types.

Dobbizzle, cbass and 34to11 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, that is your thing, I am not really concerned with your emotions towards me and my thoughts about Green.

• People grow out of it, lol, do I hold your history against you?
    • Just be less selfish for a moment.
    • I am at peace with myself.
    • Now let the others talk about him and not continue with your blind assumption about who I am supposed to be.
    • The only thing I am emotional about is obnoxious takes like this and posters who think they have a bone to pick.......and stalking posts about a player.
    • You are getting awfully close to that .... but thanks to the board there is a button for everything.

#569 daywalker02, Dec 9, 2023
    cml750 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

You're weird.

dmoneybangbang, Dobbizzle and cbass like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2 Things

• Being active in the transsexual threads.
    • Simping for a nail painting, dry humping guard.
    • One extra which is actually not weird but a foul vice: Sticking your nose up folks' beeswax you have no business sticking to....talking about being back from the dead.
    That might be you.

#571 daywalker02, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  12. fchowd0311

You're weird.

Bo6, 34to11 and cbass like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And I have you on Ignore, what you gun do about it, softie boi.

14. fchowd0311

Still weird.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, I am flattered your weird ass found it weird enough to come back from wherever you hibernated for 3 weird weeks.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think you’re right. I’m advocating trading Tate to free up minutes for Amen and eventually Cam. Unless, Holiday’s shot disappears there is no need to trade him. Neither would garner much, but Tate combined with a pick might be able to grab you a backup center.

OremLK and Mathloom like this.
  17. fchowd0311

Man I'd hate losing Tate. The dude just brings positive vibes. Great hustle and energy and his teammates love him.

18. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

I dont get why so many people are in love with green. He got zero BBIQ is a chucker and bad defence player. He is a bust. Its time to trade him now. He will be his whole nba career a bench player u will see. Its 3rd season and he got like 1% improved in this 3 seasons. Its like with christopfer and garuba all bad player he is still here cause Rockets made a mistake to pick him at No 2.
    Give his minutes 2 amen and tari they showed that they deserved minutes to improve. Green had his chance and failed.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

What do you think is better a mid-round 1 pick or a rotational piece (off the bench if need be) with potential to be much better? That is why you guys calling for Green to be traded this year will never get your wish. We don’t need any more draft picks. We don’t even need the 24 Nets pick. The only way it makes any sense at all to trade Jalen is to bundle him with mulitple picks to get a real difference maker like Bridges.

Old School74 and GOATuve like this.
  20. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

This is a very poor take and it makes me think you don't really care about the Rockets outside of a specific player. He's our second best scoring threat and his defense is much improved. He's definitely inconsistent but as I said in another thread name the player you'd trade him for that makes the Rockets better. He's far from a bust. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you can't be objective. Instead of going on a mostly incoherent rant explain why we trade him and for whom. That would actually add to the conversation