1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its time to start Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lost_elephant, May 8, 2009.

1. HtownForever

HtownForever Member

AB and Von and Ron are all ball hogs

2. HtownForever

HtownForever Member

3. cook

cook Member

+1~~~

4. choujie

choujie Member

Von and Ron are. Ab isn't, he just doen't know when, where and how to pass.

5. AXG

AXG Member

I like this idea. Lowry is a much better passer than AB, and plays tough defense. Plus he attacks the rims and draws fouls. Brooks is so inconsistent. If he's not making shots, he does little else.

6. jteg25

jteg25 Member

well...ok im going to retract my arguments, the spacing was on point in that video and yao was battling his a** off to get position. brooks just totally missed him...wow

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea i feel like Aaron Brooks just don't have the mental toughness that Lowry have. Lowry knows when the team is losing and knows what to do...did u see that mthfker just take it upon himself and drive and make contact and foul...don't matter who is inside. The Championship instinct right there!! He senses when the team is losing and just know what to do...this is something you can't teach to every player. It comes from being competitive, the desire to win and hate to lose. Artest, Lowry and Scola are probably the only 3 that can do anything to get the team back because it's easy to get the ball to their hands. They can't get the ball to Yao (being fronted) so he can't do anything even if he wants to. Battier can't do anything with the ball (even if he has all the fire and will to win) because the offense doesn't run to him. Brooks doesn't have the poise to run the offense. SO it's down to Artest, Lowry and Scola. I think Lowry should start!! I have been saying that for a long time now. Lowry is going to be the next Deron Williams, Chris Paul type...you will see!!

8. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Lol, enough with it, Kyle Lowry will never be an all-star caliber player. Aaron Brooks has all the potential in the world but he isn't mentally tough, so he won't either.

Btw, I want Kyle to start but that too wont happen; we can hope next year, but it seems like Adelman has something invested into Brooks.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kyle Lowry is a much better player than Aaron Brooks.
    And younger too...

No question about it.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

How the hell you know he won't be an all-star...he has all the potential to be one imo. Can shoot, rebound, defense, poise, passing skills, great at FT line, steal, box out for rebound, physical to draw foul, aggressiveness attacking the rim, vision...seeing the play before it start. He could be even better than Chris Paul or Deron Williams giving more and more time.

11. Mr. Space City

umm...no

12. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

You went too far in the part I bolded.