1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its time to start Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lost_elephant, May 8, 2009.

1. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

negative side effect, it will be huge blow to brook
    i would suggest let brook start but cut his minute and let lowry play more.

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

What are you saying? :confused:

Brooks is so inconsistent. It doesn't matter whether or not he goes off the bench or starts.

As you see, Lowry finished the game, with Brooks coming in when the game was too late.

3. Nick_Young

Nick_Young Member

It seems to me that Rick is a too reserved coach to do any abrupt change. Why not just try to start Lowry right before the playoffs? Not to bash Aaron's confidence? C'mon this is not kindergarden. Lots people here believe Aaron gotta be something in the future, but i can't see any possibility in him, at least as a PG.

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

if you notice, the Lakers get a ton of good looks and uncontested layups against our starters because Yao is too slow to rotate to whoever's driving. it also doesn't help that Pau Gasol routinely breaks him off the dribble and can shoot over him.

As soon as Chuck Hayes enters, the Lakers uncontested layups go away, and they start shooting at a much lower percentage. if we wanted to slow the game to the 80s we would need to bench Yao to prevent their easy baskets.

I'm going to guess that half of the Laker baskets came from running a screen and roll with Yao or 2nd chance opportunities where Yao couldnt secure a rebound

5. cook

cook Member

start lowry ! Brooks is the reason who lost this game.

6. cook

cook Member

when brooks cant score he is USELESS. COMPLETELY USELESS!!!

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Brooks seems to play one good game in other three, then start to be stupid. With him, and Artest, turnovers are not going to be down. This team needs a good start without TOs. The coach said this was the problem for three months, I do not think he will make any change right now. Yao can get the ball since Lowry was in last night, have you seen it? Some of you still think Yao is only the problem for not having the ball on his hand?

8. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Lowry's had some bad stretches but he seems to be able to get it together when Aaron can't.

9. Mr. Space City

lowry just plays the PG position better than AB...period

we need a PG not a wannabe allen iverson

10. jteg25

jteg25 Member

dont know if anyone has said this yet but...until lowry develops a consistent jumper he wont start with yao. putting lowry in there with yao just begs the other team to double off of the pg. atleast with brooks you have to stay in front of him to honor the shot or the drive. even though i agree lowry is the better ball handler, his game works better with running style of the 2nd unit for now

11. jteg25

jteg25 Member

so if lowry starts arent you just begging his guy to sag off of him and come double yao? we all know yao has a little trouble with the small guys swatting the ball outta his hands. until lowry develops a consistent jumper he wont see starter minutes with the big guy. and ya i know ab worked with 2nd unit b4 and rafer was inconsistent with his shot too, but rafe atleast could hit a 3 now and then to keep em honest.

12. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Lowry seems to have one strength that AB doesn't quite have...the ability to drive to the basket and draw a foul.

Lowry passes to Yao. Lowry's man comes and double Yao. Yao passes it out to Lowry who, as soon as he catches it, runs into the lane to draw a foul.

It's pretty easy.

And I think we should start Lowry now. Our backs are very much against the wall. Seemingly, we've got nothing to lose.

13. avb

avb Member

Lowry should get the start, or at least more playing time. Even when Lowry isn't scoring he's at least distributing, rebounding, playing d, and drawing fouls on the other team. When Aaron isn't scoring he's useless.

Make AB a sixth man so he knows to look for his shot. As a starter he doesn't know when to shoot and when to pass.

14. jteg25

jteg25 Member

sounds easy enough..but what do you do when yao cant get position for the initial entry pass? and yao isnt exactly the most mobile guy to be able to get outta the way when lowry wants to dive into the lane. remember the inside out game works best when you have shooters aound a big man. kenny started over sam because he could knock down open 3's and get dream the ball all day. not cuz he could break down a defense and go to the hole. and im not saying lowry will be on the bench forever, i think if he works on his jumper, it could be real interesting in training camp next year.

15. DrJB25

DrJB25 Member

I love AB, but he is a complete failure when it comes to setting up Yao Ming. I also think that Landry should start over scola in this series. Scola is getting burned pretty badly by Ariza and Odom.

16. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I've been saying this for a while now. he should be bench next game STAT.

17. HtownForever

HtownForever Member

AB can't run the offense Periord....

AB can't Play D

Lowry Runs the offense better and Play better D

Let AB be the 6th man..

18. hahawa

hahawa Member

vhttp://www.youtube.com/v/PRlKAWJj7j4

19. HtownForever

HtownForever Member

dribble dribble dribble, I had enough of this ****... bring the ball up to the court and set your big man up. thats ur job plain and simple

20. hahawa

hahawa Member