1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its time to start Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lost_elephant, May 8, 2009.

1. yearning

yearning Rookie

lol.Brooks used to work with our second unit well in Alston period, how can you get that conclusion? Besides, he get all criticism after became the starter. Then, why don't we make a change? :rolleyes:

2. gettingfat

gettingfat Member

Brooks indeed has amazing speed and can score. No doubt about it. Unfortunately, he fails the primary responsibilities of a PG: reading defence, spreading the floor and controlling the game pace, protecting the ball, making passes in a timely manner. So once the opponents adjust to his speed he hurts the team much more than helps. Before he polishes his PG skills to a reasonable level, he is IMHO a good 6th man, will be great playing with Landry to change the pace of the game.

3. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Aaron is too small to be effective c*m playoff time.

4. krockets

krockets Member

You can go back and read my previous posts, even when Brooks had a good game, I still say I wanted Lowry to start... Brooks and I graduated from the same university, there is no reason for me to dislike him which I don't.. But the fact is, Brooks is a shooter, not a decision maker. If we don't have someone like Lowry, I won't say anything, but now we do have a higher basketball IQ PG in Lowry, I think it's better for the team to bring Brooks in as the 6th man, which I think would be his best position for the Rox team..

5. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

So are you basically calling RA a dumb ass??? If it was so obvious, why does he not do it?

6. phil2000

phil2000 Member

Aron Brooks is huge when other team regard him as midget .
    But Aron Brooks is midget when he and other team treat him as huge.

and RA just have no idea about this

7. Landlord Landry

as much as I agree with Lowry starting and AB coming off the bench......

it aint gonna happen. not this year.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'd tinker with Brent Barry at point guard. Rockets had old Bobby Jackson last year playing extended minutes, why not

9. krockets

krockets Member

RA is a smart coach, but even smart person could make mistakes... Plus, he was the one who really "bought" Brooks into the organization, so that should tell you something why RA is so stubborn..

10. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

smart coach never made same mistakes again and again and over again. :mad:

11. Mornin'Call

Mornin'Call Member

Rox have no options for starter PG...definitely,AB and KL each get half of whole game time that is RA's DAMN a long-term training project for the future....
    if Barry at PG...i think Rox just going to get more turnovers and WTH? moment...and he cant guard Brown or Farmar...even Fisher

12. Asian Sensation

Brooks has been inconsistent since his college days. One day he'll look like an All-star pg and the next day like John Lucas III. Rick knows this and he milks Brooks when he's on and sits him when he's off. Given the cards he's been dealt Rick has done an admirable job.

13. chasingu

chasingu Member

Do you mean old Barry > young Lowry? :confused:

14. okrox11

okrox11 Member

Lowry is better than Brooks,surely!!

15. seadenliu

seadenliu Member

Morey would not trade Rafer Alston if he know we can get into the second round. Brooks cannot be the start PG of a Champion. PG is our biggest problem, hope can solve it in the summer.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Both Lowry and Brooks have struggled, you get the good with the bad with young point guards.

The team is not helping them out though by standing still.....the entire team broke down tonight.....

Unreal how they were not ready to play...very strange.

DD

17. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

Let BB as our PG is a good idea, I completely agreed. Lowry is good as backup, while Aaron is a backup as SG(although hes tiny), please dont under estimate BB, Im sure he can do well... Let aaron start is a stupid proposal. And also I dont mind if we trade ab out this summer...

18. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

agree, Brooks is too young a guy to conplete the work with too much pressure, maybe he will become a great player, which needs more time, games in the second round cannot allow so many mistakes happening,Brooks couldn't have constant performance in the court, but this series only have 7 games, hopefully he can try his best to help the team, who can do the PG work now? lowry,no. the two are all so young!

19. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

BB perhaps is a better choice as PG for rockets, but if rockets have the desire to trade him, it is really difficult!

20. tiggerme

tiggerme Member

Barry should have more time in the court when Brooks and lowry are so that they cannot finish the work. just playing with brain!