1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its time to start Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lost_elephant, May 8, 2009.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

you guys quit saying BS being better in future and whatnot, he does NOT have a court vision period, he is very good off the bench with his energy. i dont know why adelman is hesitant to start lowry.

2. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

yep. lock this thread now. hit the nail on the head.

6th man. bobby jackson.

3. Donatello

Donatello Member

Brooks is dumb; he rarely passes and cannot run an offense. Quite frankly, Lowry isn't all that great. However, he is by far the best point guard on this team.

4. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Lowry controlled this game every time he stepped on the court. Alside from some ill-advised, stupid lay up attempts, he did a really great job bringing some pose to our team. Whenever Brooks was out there tonight, it seemed like our entire team was in disarray.

5. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I disagree. We need the starting scoring fire power from brooks, and Lowry plays very well with the second set of guys that goes out there (remember game 2 quarter 2?).
    Both of them started tonight's game making wrong decisions and turning the ball over but I think lowry pulled it together in the second half while brooks remained out of it.
    I love Lowry but I won't promote him to starter because Brooks would not work as well with our 2nd unit.

6. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

uh the 2nd unit is about energy. BROOKS. SPEED.

7. rocketsmetalspd

AB needs to get his confidence back up. He can not get down this is a seven game series. The team is playing hard but the to's are hurting the team. Sunday's game the Rockets need to have only 10 to's and they will win the game. If they can average 10 to's for the rest of the series they will win it.

8. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

and it's about Lowry running all the way to the Laker basket for the layup and getting fouled.
    Brooks doesn't do that.

9. jianingw

jianingw Member

if brooks' shot doesn't fall. he barely has any effects on the court. he can't assit, rebound, drive, taking charge, defense. and he's very turn over prone, which makes his teammates really frustrated.

btw. lowry looks like shannon brown

10. limedeal

limedeal Member

I disagree with this statement. Brooks worked his best this season coming off the bench for Rafer and providing the instant offense off the bench much like Von Wafer does now. Brooks isn't the top option to score when he starts and since that is his only asset, he shouldn't start because then he just becomes ineffective.

11. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

12. Mr. Space City

as already said, when brooks cant score he is USELESS. COMPLETELY USELESS

now im not a AB hater by ANY means but lowry is just smarter, more composed, and can draw fouls better than AB. he flat-out plays the point guard position better than AB

AB dribbles too much, turns the ball over too much, takes bad shots, and is hesitate on good looks

when AB is on the floor its like complete and utter chaos but when lowry is in charge, the offense run smoother and more precise

lowry > ab

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

The both are OK! but we need a REAL STARTER!

14. fishguy

fishguy Member

In fact, Aaron is a good substitute but is not suited to be a key player. His tempo control is not good. Lowry's control tempo is better than Aaron. But it is the lettle bug fix for this team. If we want to be the best team in NBA, we need another superstar who is not Mclady.

15. fishguy

fishguy Member

Whatever the team can play in the rest games, i am so pride for this team. Not only because passing the first serial, but as lost the expensive teamate in this team. Think about what the team can gain if we have a real superstar in this team?

16. rockets86

rockets86 Member

Brooks can not run the floor. He is more of a scorer than a PG. Lowry has to start if we want any chance to win. When things are not working out, we need a change. We can not be stubborn. Lowry should be our starter period.

17. blender

blender Member

I think our biggest problem right now is defense; we just don't seem to be able to stop the Lakers' starting lineup from scoring. Maybe the best way for us win is to just focus on hard-nosed defense, bring the scores down to the 70s and low 80s, and grind it out. The ol' Gundyball way.

For that kind of game, Lowry may be better in the starting lineup than Brooks. I'm not sure because I don't think he has played any minutes with the starters in this series. How's Lowry's team defense?

We're down 2-1 and the Lakers are looking pretty dominant. No need to panic, but I'm up for anything that can help us win.

18. blender

blender Member

^^^^
    While we're at it, we should give more minutes to Hayes and let him manhandle Gasol or Bynum or Odom or whoever. Maybe even start him next to Yao.

Then, hope that Brooks/Wafer/Landry can outscore their second unit.

19. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I agree. AB should come off the bench. Lowry is much more effective at getting Yao the ball in the post, drawing fouls, getting into the paint and finishing strong and has a better knack for finding the open player.

If AB does start limit him to ~20mins a game. It is time to make the right adjustments Adelman just like Phil did.

20. Super Von

Super Von Member

They are both backup point guards.