1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its time to start Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lost_elephant, May 8, 2009.

1. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

stats say it's 3 turnovers on him, but what i have seen is way more than that. he just can not stand the pressure. he is too weak.

start Lowry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. amaggie05

amaggie05 Member

turnovers are killing us tonight. i agree that we should start Lowry now. we can't just put Brooks in the starting lineup and hope he would have a big game and have the ball under control.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But he's not THE problem

4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

did we win? ya

5. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

agree.

6. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

we are just not better then lakers, not hard. And thats not criticizing the Rockets.

Question: Has a team ever went through the playoffs to win a championship, without their highest paid player?????????

7. Donatello

Donatello Member

When Brooks cannot score, he is WORTHLESS! He does not know how to make good, crisp passes. He should be a scoring 6th man. It's the perfect role for him. This way, he doesn't need to think, which is his main flaw. Coming off the bench, Brooks only needs to worry about attacking. Less thinking and aimless dribbling, more penetrating and finishing.

8. EricZ.He

EricZ.He Member

brooks is too easy to be screened..

9. platinum

platinum Member

PJ already taught his fakers how to defense Aaron. This game Lowry is much better than Aaron.

Then again the question to RA, how much love is he putting on Brooks?

10. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

AGEED LOWRY NEEDS TO STAT WE CAN'T HAVE SO MANY TURNOVERS.

11. rockets_fanatic

I have consistantly hated Brooks. and his inconsistant play is why he is not a starter. He cannot run the point. That is his job. If his job was to just score then he should come off of the bench!

12. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

The funny thing is, if Lowry starts and plays bad next game, yall all will be saying START BROOKS.

13. Chamillionaire

if starting lowry was the solution, i think they would have done it by now, i think it's more of AB playing like **** more than needing to start lowry. lowry can't hit a perimeter shot to save his life, but neither can rondo and look how that worked out in boston.

14. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Aaron Brooks is not only mistake prone but he's soft. This guy gets completely rejected by everyone and doesn't even know how to utilize his speed. Did anybody even see how Farmar had a one arm rejection on Brooks?

Kyle Lowry should start, easily.

15. UTweezer

yep. plus Lowery actually plays good D

people who actually think brooks is the solution need to realize DEFENSE wins championships

not a bunch of turnovers and dribbling

16. choujie

choujie Member

Lakers are more talented, and they have a closer in Kobe. That's THE problem.

17. UTweezer

lowERY does the little things. Plays D, can drive, and isn't a turnover dribbling machine

brooks = 2 words BOBBY JACKSON

6th man

18. limedeal

limedeal Member

I agree with this. Brooks only helps the team through scoring, and when he doesn't score he becomes an ineffective player who passes up shots and/or drives to the basket only to run into 3 Lakers big men creating turnover after turnover.

Fans just want change because of the inconsistency Brooks has. Unfortunately, he's consistently having more bad games than good games. In game 1, he used his quickness to his advantage. However, these past 2 games show his constant lack of vision of the court, the vision that great point guards have with respect to their teams. Brooks seems more lackadaisical and ad-libs the offense rather than having the point guard instinct.

19. Man

Man Contributing Member

it's tough, because would starting lowry be a better decision? that's not for sure, maybe there are good and bad to both sides.

it seems like in most games we play, either lowry or aaron brooks starts, doesn't really matter, we would be able to win.

but in this series, i mean, we're seeing the not so good stuff.

aaron brooks is a great scorer and he's really quick. but he doesn't have any awareness ..rarely passes...he can't set people up. he can't run an offense that well. i think he will work on things in the offseason and get better, but i think overall, he may fit better with the 2nd unit and given more space ...and also more opportunities to run and score.

however, lowry does well with the 2nd unit, running and hustling as well.

aaron brooks can make the outside shot, and lowry probably can't at this point. and that's important for spreading the defense. but we also know that brooks can't set up and run the offense very well, or at least not as we hope for him to, and that's a big problem. he's made lots of mistakes...

i think even if we do have lowry starting and maybe doing a better job of moving the ball around and getting the ball into yao, we'd still need another guy who is a natural scorer and a good ballhandler/slasher. tmac?

20. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He's a sg that was forced to play point because of his size. Lowry is a better option to start.