1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to send a message!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, May 7, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I was referring to the Clippers and their "tactics" from past post seasons

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

I cannot stand the Clippers. I cannot stand Matt Barnes. Him talking trash- to James Harden's Mom is a new low, even for him.

But I do not want them 'taken out'. Injuries happen, but intentionally trying to injure someone has no place in any sport. Ever. Or intentionally fouling them hard will do nothing but have them start fouling us hard back. Which will lead to the referees calling the game closer. Which will lead to more free throws. And dang it, there were already way too many free throws in the game last night.

Play hard. Play physical. Stay aggressive. Win the loose balls and the 50/50 balls. But don't play dirty. Don't stoop to that level.

3. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

So, I guess we're just going to roll over like that huh, this is not a tough team and not worthy of the play-offs. You let them go on a 23-0 run and not foul hard once to send a message? This team has no pride and should be sent packing in game 5 in front of the home crowd so they can be booed hard!

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is high time to come out and win, take care of this series!

5. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

By the way, how hilarious was that dumb shove by Terry, a 37 year old just shoving Griffin. What was that supposed to do, fire our players up, get Griffin to mentally check out? Hahah

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

For the few brave fans who watched that disastrous game 4, any tough play-off fouls committed or did we still just let them do whatever they wanted?

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We gave them hard fouls, and we have guys that want to win.

We are really just getting beat on personnel at this point. We are asking too much of our players, and our coaching staff has failed to ingrain winning principles on both sides of the ball. It is way too late to teach that stuff now.

We don't have a plan in place to beat the Clippers, and that is messing with James and Dwight. They are searching for something, and finding nothing.

8. albuster

albuster Member

you are spot on.