1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time.........to call out stupidity - bobbythefail

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Oct 1, 2017.

?

Is supporting players of a specific race and attacking those of different race acceptable as a fan?

1. Yes

4.0%
  2. No

96.0%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

JJ watt is great and all, I just can't see how you would justify paying him so much when defense was just fine without him last season. If JJ watt gets into the hall of fame it was because of his individual achievements which might make some fans happy, but to me that's jack sht if we never win a ring. All that money going into this "star" could have been used on other players to help our team. Our secondary is pretty weak, our oline is weak, but ohhh look at JJ watt and his massive contract.

JJ watt is great, but like FTW mentioned 2-14 season, not going far in playoffs. paying one man, a defense player so much money in a team sports is setting up for failure, unless it's a qb/wr/rb.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Same can be said if Harden doesn't lead Rockets to a championship too. Market dictates how much stars are paid. There are very few superstars that take less than the market value to help out a team.

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Only one position is really worth crazy money. I wouldn't include WR and RB on that list.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

BtG's hero?

[​IMG]

5. Nigel Thornberry

How is @Bobbythegreat a bigot? Just because he isn’t sold on Watson yet and he’s a black athlete? This is how society is nowadays so sad. If you don’t agree with me you’re a racist!!!

Btw ftw, you don’t like the sport of football so why don’t you get your FATT ass out of the Texans forum.

Sincerely everybody,

Rodman23 likes this.
  6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Read some of his other threads.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Football and basketball are different sports. Granted that Harden and JJ Watt are both considered Superstars, individual performance is more impactful in basketball while football is more of a team sport with many parts. JJ watt shouldn't be paid that much because no matter how great of an impact he has on defense, we can still lose if we have no offense.
    I wouldn't pay jj watt that much just because his role isn't as important in a football team. Like The Real Shady mentions only qb should be paid alot.

There's what 53? players on a team, they all have to work together. With what JJ watt is doing on defense alone doesn't justify the paycheck, just saying it could be used for other vital pieces of the team.

8. Nigel Thornberry

I’ve read them and I completely disagree. I have argued with @Bobbythegreat many times that Watson is the future and savage sucks.

Nothing he’s ever said indicates he’s being racist. Be my guest to post his racist posts please.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bobby's stances are always negatively objective. I haven't seen the race card pulled yet.

10. Nigel Thornberry

I agree. I’m asking for someone to please post on here any proof of bobby being racist.

Pretty strange no one has stepped to the plate

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

It's the classic racist calling someone else the racist.

12. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Johnathan Joseph is black. Thread doesn't make sense.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um, I guess you havent read his D&D threads and post?

14. Nigel Thornberry

I guess I missed it, once again please post it on here for me to see.

15. Nigel Thornberry

You spelled FATT wrong :D:D:D

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's a massive number of posts that require you to read the whole thread to understand context but basically to sum it up, he thinks any transgressions the black community expresses is fake outrage. He thinks law enforcement is infallible.

17. Nigel Thornberry

I hear what y’all are saying I just want to see an example or some proof.

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you willing to read the whole thread in context? No one is saying that bobby says 'black people are bad'. Nothing explicit like that. It's more of his pattern on anything regarding BLM or cop shootings and always defending the officer and always assuming that black suspect deserved it. He also continuously states that any racial biases that officers have are based in reason since black individuals have a higher rate of murder.

The closest thing I can do to your request of finding one post is his post justifying officers having any racial biases or fearing pulling over black people more thus they are more 'jumpy'. I'll have to hunt that post if you really want to read it.

19. Nigel Thornberry

Hmmm I’ll check it out. Ftw is basically saying that Bobby is racist because he favors a white Texans qb over a black one. Seems like a reach to me

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

I tend to find people that throw the "bigot" word around to be insufferable twats.