1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time the NBA bring back hand check...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sugrlndkid, Feb 27, 2016.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm not old enough to have watched the 90s, but I agree with that thought process he laid out. I think my biggest problem regarding this topic is offensive player-initiated fouls, not being able to body somebody is one thing, significant defensive player initiated contact should be a foul, of course, but the defense is held absolutely hostage by offensive player-initiated blocking calls, as well as the offensive initiated shooting fouls, it's way out of touch with the "spirit of basketball" and "natural movements" to just run into the defense and to get a call every time.

Slyonebluejay and JumpMan like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They were suppose to call flops either way . . but that lasted about 2 months
    Also . . . what they have done is amplified the "star calls" . . . . .
    Meaning in cracking down . . . its selective. . . . . Some players still get the same ole calls
    some don't . . . ..
    In the Mix Legit calls are not being called because of "reputation"

Rocket River

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

yall cray. hand checking would ruin jalen green and his nails

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks that there is no Hand fap rule.

Jontro likes this.