1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Its time for Trevor Ariza to show the worlds he on retirement level.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaosDirtyStache, Jun 2, 2018.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

this just brought back the same gut wrenching feeling I had after G7. im sick.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Super embarrassing thread. Should be ashamed. (Lots of that going on these days it seems)

HP3, lread4422, Dayop and 3 others like this.
  3. Zergling

Zergling Member

He did, but he should take it hard because he knows very well his inability as a role player to perform his one primary role on offense (make spot-up threes) cost the team. Sadly, he will never live this down. To go 0-12 and not score a single point in a Game 7, the most important game he's ever played in Houston and the most important Rockets playoff game basically since 1995 is pretty damn tragic. He is the face of the Rockets offense that could not buy a bucket.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

MDA drove poor Trevor into the ground all year... Everybody watches Hardens and CP3s minutes - but Trev is the one that really gets abused by MDA - because MDA refused to sacrifice any of his precious offensive efficiency by playing the other third of his roster in the regular season... His minutes prior to getting injured were nuts - stints like 6 consecutive 40+ min games (incl b2b) - for a 32 yr old who typically covers the other teams main scorer...
    MDA runs guys into the ground... he's just gotten a little better at hiding it - and creating narratives like 'conditioning them for long minutes in the post season' or 'time off causes guys to fall out of rhythm and lose their shot' narratives... bs....

lread4422 likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

They’ll keep him, but only at a smaller contract, and they do need to diminish his minutes.

If nothing else, he can stroll through the locker room, singing arias and boy-band songs to soothe the other players.

6. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

That’s exactly where I’m at with Ariza. He would be valuable coming off the bench but he’s not starting material. We need to upgrade the position with a player that has a much quicker shot release that can hit the three. I’d also like to see someone with better ball handling skills thst can drive to the bucket and get their own shot. That’s not one of Ariza strengths. I do see him as a valuable bench player, though. He’s definitely worth keeping around but not at a contract above the veteran minimum

macan and Chanmarr like this.
  7. Red Nation RGV

Couldn't agree more, reading some of these new threads by posters makes me wonder the average age of members. Tough ass season but the strongest people in this world are those who have persevered through sh!# times. Same goes for teams. It's over let's man up, accept and get better without having to count on A or B or changes in roster. Anyone that may or may not join our team should be looked at as a bonus.

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Trevor Arizas #1 is the only #1 I respect

lread4422 likes this.
  9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Deeply disguised tank thread.

10. Rocketeer4Life

He is fine off the bench. He is very limited offensively to be a starter against the best teams in the playoffs.

Chanmarr likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We have not tanked since that semi tank job to get Yao Ming.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Uhg damn offseason threads..... can we just fast forward to october? I think ryan anderson might retire first. Morey already got him his best check ever.

13. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

and another dumb thread

lread4422 likes this.
  14. How Sweet It Is!

"Great" "3" guys don't go 0-14, trailer-trash.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  15. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

i was emotional the night of his 0fer game 7 thinking "get his azz outta here"

but nah, we should resign him lol. He loves to be in houston, he is a vet leader, and is a good player that is important in our switching scheme.

lread4422 likes this.
  16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ah, I see why you didnt read my post, and i covered it in the first paragraph. Work on that reading comprehension cheif.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

Ariza is a great rotation guy. If we are able to get him back for a reasonable deal (and it seems like he likes it here) then we absolutely do that without even thinking about it.

If we are also able to get Luc back, and add some other versatile wing (whether LeBron or Paul George or someone else) that would leave Ariza with about 20 to maybe 30 minutes. He would be perfect for that kind of role

18. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Same, he been choking ever single playoffs...Just make the dam 3s man. When you go 0/12 on 42 minutes on the most important game of your life. You need to go. FCK!

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Every single playoffs? Up until that game he was a make em when they count guy. Do you remember game 7 vs clippers in 2015?

Do you remember him being the only guy who showed up for game 6 vs spurs last year?

Do you remember him hitting that huge 3 in game 4 vs warriors this year to give us the lead?

He just needs his feet set in rythym and in game 7 the whole team got in a bricking rhythym of jacking contested 3s

lread4422 likes this.
  20. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

2015 .375
    2016 .143
    2017 .377
    2018 .286

Pretty trash if you ask me

MyLateRegistration and Chanmarr like this.