1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Time for a New Mascot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Sep 3, 2023.

1. 34to11

34to11 Member

Yeah, that probably is a bit more Clutch's style

[​IMG]

How can you not love the guy?
    Nobody repping Rockets harder since Gerald Green :D

2. SuraGotMadHops

From the beginning I felt an oversized teddy bear mascot was just too generic, was never big on it. Put me down as a kid that actually liked Booster back in the day, paired with Turbo it was nice in game entertainment. Add in the Power Dancers and we're really cookin

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

in clutch- da bear, We trust.

34to11 likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm sure my late uncle, a lieutenant serving in the 1st Marine Division at the battle of the Chosin Reservoir in Korea between 27 November and 13 December in 1950, where the Marines were surrounded and attacked by about 120,000 Chinese troops in a battle that took place in the most brutal winter conditions imaginable, suffering heavy casualties (the Chinese Army of at least 12 divisions suffering far more), would have had a few choice words to say about your comment, were he still living and I bothered to mention it to him (and I wouldn't have).

I have to wonder if there is a limit to the ignorant and immature thoughts that travel around in a mind like yours. Fortunately, I will never have to find out.

Yung-T and napalm06 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Listen, I'm onboard with fixing the logo, maybe even a change to the jerseys, but Clutch?!

[​IMG]

34to11 likes this.
  7. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I once got stung by a hornet and my hand swelled up really nasty. I wrote a nasty letter Charlotte telling them how insensitive they are for their team name as it triggers my ptsd. I can't even watch the games when we play them. If you help me with my cause I will vow to you to never mention the existence of a current world leader that upsets you again so get to work on that list. I think together we can make change.

Stay strong my friend.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

.....American icon?

I bet you still sleep with your teddy at night.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Turbo was the best. Him and the Phoenix Gorilla

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Jerry Burrell who played Turbo seems to be doing well with his entertainment dunking company. They are booked for entertainment venues including halftime shows.

Turbo was with the org for almost 3 years (1993-1995). Clutch the Bear started in 1995, the bear is closing in on 30 years with the Rockets. The younger fans only grew up with him as the mascot.

A nice gesture could be in a regular season game, Rockets org book Burrell's dunk troupe at the Toyota Center for a halftime show. For the timeouts, collab with the Launch Crew and ClutchBear on the trampoline dunks.

#50 TimDuncanDonaut, Sep 9, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
  11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Yo keep it pg-13 at least.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I found out the other day he is or was in the Guinness Book of World Records for this kind of stuff. Man, I don't even like getting on a ladder to change my light bulbs :

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. 34to11

34to11 Member

And?
    What about it???

[​IMG]

You casuals need to step your fan game up!

daywalker02 and Dankstronaut like this.
  14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

lol nice

34to11 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

daywalker02 likes this.