1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's TIME for a Hero

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by solid, Apr 21, 2008.

1. solid

solid Member

Throw caution to the wind, give the rookies more playing time, and see if one or more of them come up big. Your "stars" are in long term shooting slumps and/or injured. TMac and Rafer haven't been able to find the basket for weeks. Both are hurt. Shut TMac down from throwing up garbage. His shots must be limited in number and from closer range. If Rafer comes in firing away, sit him. If BJ is missing the backboard, sit him. Throw Brooks to the lions. Yes, he is small, yes Williams will run over him. But, why not? This team is on the verge of being swept. Post up Scola. Call some plays for Landry. Start Woods. Let Novak bomb from the cheap seats.

Hero's are made in times like these. If the team is going down in flames, why not fire every weapon you have. I am really tired of watching the oh so repetitive TMac brick fest, numbingly predictable. It's TIME to be unpredictable.

2. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Rafer! :p ;) :D

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I like the idea of baptism by fire for the young guys, but we are only down 1 game.....the series can turn in an instant.

DD

4. rhester

rhester Member

OK, here is the 'glass half empty side'- we are only one game from going back to Utah down 0-2 and facing certain carnage on their home court. :eek:

kidding, I do think we need to shake things up a little, we still match up poorly against this team and I don't expect Kirilenko to remain hot, but I don't expect Okur to remain silent either.

Let's shake it up tonight and if it doesn't work, we can always fall back to the old way in the 2nd half. :)

5. HoustonFan4Life

I'm with you, but let's wait a couple of games in case the veterans remember that we're not in the pre-season.

6. solid

solid Member

I agree, but based on the last several weeks, TMac and Rafer are not going into "streak" mode anytime soon. If TMac continues to shoot the Rockets out of the games, what will change? If they lose tonight, I would really go into crazy mode, because it will then take a miracle comeback to win the series. Right now, TMac is stuck on "miss."

7. Spanish_Rox_Fan

Steve Novak = 30 min = Heroism.

8. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

Give more mintue to landry instead of hayes, give more shane more plays,
    c-deke
    Pf-scola
    sf-landry
    sg-shane
    pg-tmac

defensive end
    tmac-ak47
    shane-d.will
    deke-boozer
    scola-okur
    landry-who ever else start

9. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Landry on Ronnie Brewer? Are you kidding me?

10. Seven

Seven Member

Novak 30 minutes = JaZZ 150 points

11. Seven

Seven Member

If we were to make major changes to the rotation, I think we should do it in UTAH. Losing the next game will mean we WILL get swept.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Member

Well, T-Mac shot more from close range in game 1 than I have seen him shoot in like....ever. He took a few threes, but one was with 1 second left in the quarter, and the others were in the flow of the offense/shot clock winding down. He was surprisingly absent from firing up those almost 3 pointers though, which i think was a conscious decision by him to attack more because his J hasnt been as smooth.

13. solid

solid Member

I did not get to see the game on Saturday. Are you telling me that TMac was shooting 30% on mostly layups? It was worse than I thought.

14. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Losing game 1 does not make us on the 'verge of being swept'

15. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Member

Let T-Mac come off the bench for tonight's game and we'll win. Bench Mutombo too. Start Scola, Landry, Battier. These guys can defend the Jazz's starters. After the Jazz start putting in their second unit, our unit will have Mcgrady to score all over them. :D

16. solid

solid Member

Losing game two will.

17. Milad

Milad Member

I promise you guys, if Lowe gets any serious playing time he will kill Jazz. I've played one on one against this kid and he is tall.

Loren Woodz=Jazzkiller nr 1 (After Hakeem Olajuwon)

18. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

"I Need a Hero"
    -- Bonnie Tyler

Where have all the good men gone
    And where are all the gods?
    Where's the street-wise Hercules
    To fight the rising odds?
    Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
    Late at night I toss and turn and dream
    of what I need

[Chorus]

I need a hero
    I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
    He's gotta be strong
    And he's gotta be fast
    And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
    I need a hero
    I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
    He's gotta be sure
    And it's gotta be soon
    And he's gotta be larger than life

Somewhere after midnight
    In my wildest fantasy
    Somewhere just beyond my reach
    There's someone reaching back for me
    Racing on the thunder end rising with the heat
    It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet

[Chorus]

Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
    Out where the lightning splits the sea
    I would swear that there's someone somewhere
    Watching me

Through the wind end the chill and the rain
    And the storm and the flood
    I can feel his approach
    Like the fire in my blood

(Bonnie's a little more sexual here than apropos, but oh well . . .)

19. Seth

Seth Member

I say before and i still believe that this series will be on Scola most than anyone, he is the only Rocket that will shoot more than 12-13 shots every game and is good enough to make at least 45-50% of them.

Sorry about T-Mac but i was more concerned about him shooting 40% than 30% he has been shooting like crap lately, and i donĀ“t know how to say it but he is way to soft for the Jazz, say it mentally, physical, whatever, he is not fit for the Jazz.

I also have a lot of confidence in Alston, i think T-Mac has to be used as a decoy but without him having the ball at every possession.

I will also love to see Scola post up to see if he can ware out something on Boozer or Okur, he sure seem capable of doing that in game one.

20. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Member

The reason a coach won't listen to a fan's plea such as this one is because he knows that it will be his head rolling on the floor when we get murdered since we have Brooks, Novak, Landry, and Scola all on the floor at the same time. He knows it's not going to work, otherwise he would do it.

Read :07 Seconds or Less by Jack McCallum. It's a really interesting inside view on the thinking behind coaching (the Suns and Mike D'Antoni) and it's an interesting read about player life (the Suns have a bunch of interesting personalities). It talks about all the tough decisions a coach has to go through, especially come playoff time when faced with defeat.

Listen to Jordan. There are no cinderallas. The fact that we've come this far without the Big Fella qualifies us for a cinderalla story. Now our lack of talent is being exposed, I just hope we can find a way around it.