1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's ON the ROWDIES this time.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TeamUSA, Apr 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Utah is the king of taunting yes. Are we going to keep quiet? Nah. We have a choice.
    Rowdies, your mission: GET ROWDIER, Let us do something to inspire 99% of the crowd to follow.

Let's give the Jazz a taste of their medicine. C'mon!!!!!!!!!!! We can do this!

Anybody please share ideas to get the crowd rowdier!

It's payback time!
    Es tiempo del reembolso!
    是报答时间。!
    それは元金回収の時間である。
    Il est temps de remboursement.

2. TRAVLR

TRAVLR Member

I agree, it's on the Rowdies!

We can get the sluggish Houston Home crowds pumped up.....This is our time, this is our gym.

Let's do this!

3. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

It just seems the past few years HCA hasn't seemed like a huge advantage for us in the playoffs, this year it needs to be!!

4. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Homecourt Advantage is NOTHING if we don't have passionate crowd.

DO SOMETHING!!!!

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I won't be sitting down with the Rowdies, but you better believe I'll be screaming at the Jazzholes the entire game.

6. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

What are you going to say?

7. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Taunting the players is good, if you're in the first few rows just say their name over and over in an annoying voice. :p

8. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

umm chant jazz have no rings

LOL but ya we have to be loud like the utah fans!

9. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

should we boo the jazz on every time they touch the ball like they did to us last year? that made me mad! I will be at game 2 and I will boo the jazz everytime they touch the ball!

10. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Got an idea. We need volunteers!!!

How about 3 guys in the front row seat wearing Jazz jerseys and taunting the Jazz players whenever they make a mistake, like foul called, blocked shots.... a missed shot.

C'MON!!!!

11. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE. LET'S DO IT!!!

12. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

not a bad idea, but I doub't anybody in houston owns a Jazz jersey

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Depends on what happens, I'm very spontaneous as to what sort of things I might suddenly scream at them.

14. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Its time for a refund/rebate?

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I know me and the wife will be down and screaming our heads off, just like last year!

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The Rowdies do their part, but if the rest of the arena doesn't get into the act.....
    Half a percent of the arena can only do so much on their own (and they do far more than what should be possible, when you think about how small a fraction they are of the crowd).

I've always felt that the only thing the Rowdies could do better is focus on getting EVERYONE in the place to be a Rowdy. They work over Toyota Center pre-game, and work sections 114 and 113 a little at spots, so they do try. But an all out "Everyone Be a Rowdy" focus could really electrify the atmosphere and get things on the same level as we saw toward the end of the 22-game win streak.

Evan

17. ktvoss

ktvoss Contributing Member

I'm a rowdie and I have a lot of nasty crap to say! I'm saying it really loud and don't let it get quiet for a few seconds because I will definitely take advantage of that opportunity to say something like Cryolinko your wife had bigger balls then you!

18. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

They need to do some extra work during pregame by talking to eveyone coming in to the arena. that will get them the message.

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Literally yes... ;)

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I was thinking more a long the lines of spreading out into the various sections of the arena at the start of the 2nd and 4th quarters to rally the fans.

The chants and all are good, but I don't think they realize how indecipherable most of them are. It's great that they're witty, but the majority of them are impossible to hear clearly enough to understand, and I say this as someone that sat only a few seats away from them for a dozen games this year. Those chants are doomed to never catch on around the arena, which otherwise would be nice to see happen.

Evan